Get your pot shining and clean again in less than 10 minutes with no scrubbing. Best pressure cooker hack ever!
I’ve got a tip/hack today that is essential for every pressure cooker in the entire world. It’s so important, I decided to make an entire post out of it. IT’S THAT ESSENTIAL! Welcome to my course on How To Clean a Burnt Pressure Cooker Pot (AKA Instant Pot liner).
Oh the bane of my existence is this scorched, burnt, impossible to remove layer of brown cement from the bottom of this pot here. And that isn’t even the worst I’ve ever seen! I’ve done much, much, MUCH worse damage than this!
Every time I make Instant Pot Yogurt or Skyr I know that this will be the after math I deal with because truthfully I’m lazy/busy and don’t want to stir it while it’s coming up to temperature. But this can be a common occurrence if there’s not enough water in the pot for oatmeal, rice, pasta, or just about anything.
Before I learned this trick I tried soaking, scrubbing, soaking some more, dishwasher, Bar Keepers Friend (which works wonders on everything but this scorched mess, FYI!), but I always ended up basically scraping it off bit my bit with my finger nails. Gross, I know, but what else!
My sister Maegan is the one that taught me this trick of pressure cooking baking soda, dish soap, and water. When I first tried it, removed the lid, and saw a nasty brown layer floating in my pots soapy water, I literally squealed with disgusted delight and showed my whole family (who were equally disgusted because it really does look kinda gross, just warning ya).
In minutes it went from that burnt pot above to literally being able to wipe away any extra stuck on residue with a silicone spatula (or a paper towel even).
A quick rinse and a 5 second scrub later, your pot looks like this
Like it’s actually glowing with silver sun rays.
Now go burn something! Then you too can discover the utter joy of disgusting brown floaties in your pot! Good times are ahead 😊
P.S. Don’t actually burn something on purpose cuz I don’t wanna be liable for that. I was just being my typical, dramatic, sarcastic self there okay? Okay! But if you happen to burn something, send me a before and after picture when you use this trick! It just never gets old!
Tools Used to Clean a Burnt Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Pot
Instant Pot or
Silicone Spatulas (my favorite ones!)
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!Print
How to Clean a Burnt Pressure Cooker Liner Pot
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap, (not the foam kind) I like Mrs Meyers Lavender Dish Soap
- Add water, baking soda, and dish soap to the pressure cooker pot. Slosh the mixture around to combine the ingredients.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, use a natural release.
- The charred residue will now be floating in the soapy liquid. Discard pots contents, give it a quick scrub with a brush if needed, and viola! Pot is like new!
- Bar Keepers Friend doesn’t lift up burnt residue, but it is amazing for removing other stains and making your pot look shiny and new.