Instant Pot Easy Risotto
Creamy, easy Instant Pot Risotto with 2 minutes of stirring instead of 30 minutes on the stove top!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced in half and then into thin half moons
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the pressure cooker, by selecting sauté. Add the butter and olive oil. When butter is melted and slightly bubbling, add the leeks, onion, and garlic, sauté 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice to the pot and stir for 3-4 minutes, until opaque.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth, salt and pepper and stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Select sauté and stir in an extra ½ cup of chicken broth. Stir briskly for 2 minutes, adding an extra 1/2 cup of broth if it’s getting too thick.
- Unplug the pressure cooker, stir in parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately topped with an extra sprinkle of parmesan, if desired.
- Optional: Top with roasted veggies and/or grilled meat for a full meal.
- Use a short to medium grain starchy rice like Arborio or Carnaroli
- I realize the most classic/basic risotto recipes contain wine. I prefer not to cook with alcohol which is why this recipe uses all broth
- Halving this recipe works well and I suspect it would also double just fine
Keywords: instant pot, electric pressure cooker, risotto, basic risotto