Instant Pot Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Crisp, light refreshing Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps that can be cooked in no time in the Instant Pot!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 - 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 – 4 tablespoons lime juice – depending on how strong you want the lime flavor (remove the zest of 2 limes before you cut them)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 medium-sized carrots, grated
- 1 jalapeno, minced (seeded and deveined for less spice)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounce can sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- lettuce cups – romaine, iceberg, green leaf, or butterhead lettuce
- For serving – cooked brown or white rice, soy sauce, lime wedges, sriracha, chopped peanuts
- Pour fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and brown sugar into the pressure cooker pot. Whisk to combine.
- Add ground chicken – make sure it’s a flat slab of chicken. If it’s in a tube, break it up a bit so it will cook through evenly.
- Top chicken with carrots and jalapeno.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 2 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Mix together cornstarch and water to make a slurry.
- Use the saute function to bring meat to a simmer; whisk in cornstarch slurry until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in lime zest, green onions, basil, and water chestnuts.
- Layer a lettuce cup with rice, meat mixture, and desired toppings; serve!
- Meat mixture doubles well so make extra for a crowd or freeze half of it for another day
- Fish sauce doesn’t make the meat taste fishy but adds a flavorful salty element to the meat. Add extra soy sauce if you don’t like it
- I haven’t tried it yet, but I suspect you could make rice pot in pot with the meat. Try 1 cup white rice plus 1 cup of water and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a cake pan (don’t use pyrex it slows the cook time) on a trivet above the meat. I would use a full natural pressure release if I did this
Keywords: instant pot, quick dinners, asian chicken lettuce wrap