Instant Pot “Baked” Potato
The Instant Pot is the ticket for fluffy, moist baked potatoes. Push a button and your work is done!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: varies
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- russet or yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed clean (you can do 1 potato or up to 4-5 pounds)
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet or a steamer basket inside. Stack potatoes inside, larger ones on the bottom, smaller on the top. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release. Could also use a quick release if needed, but they are more moist with a natural.
- Serve with desired toppings like butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, diced ham, steamed broccoli, BBQ pork, gravy, nacho cheese sauce, runny egg, etc.
- Russet Potatoes are a more starchy potato and make a light, fluffy baked potato. Yukon gold are a waxy variety and result in a very creamy baked potato. Both are amazing in their own way!
- Shred any extra potatoes, scatter them on a sheet pan, and freeze for hash browns. Once frozen place them in a freezer safe ziplock bag.
Keywords: instant pot, electric pressure cooker, baked potato