Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup with Blue Cheese Nachos
Mildly spicy Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Soup topped with a drizzle of ranch dressing and Blue Cheese Nachos. It’s better than chicken wings!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced celery
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (regular paprika will work in a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, each breast cut into 3–4 pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- ¼ – ⅓ cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Hot Sauce (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- Optional: 4 oz cream cheese for a more mild soup
- corn or tortilla chips (I like blue chips for this soup)
- blue cheese crumbles
- Ranch dressing or sour cream
- Select saute on the pressure cooker and add butter.
- When melted, add carrots, onions, celery, garlic, smoked paprika, and salt; saute 2 minutes.
- Add chicken breast and stir to coat the chicken with seasonings.
- In this order, add bay leaf, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, hot sauce, and tomato sauce; DO NOT STIR.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release.
- Remove chicken from pot and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Return chicken to pot.
- Optional: for a less spicy soup, add cream cheese and stir until combined.
- To make Blue Cheese Nachos, arrange a single layer of chips on a microwave safe dish, top with crumbled blue cheese and microwave for 15-20 seconds. Could also do this under the oven broiler on a sheet pan, but watch closely that the chips don’t burn.
- Scoop soup into a bowl, drizzle with ranch dressing, sour cream, or yogurt. Top with a handful of Blue Cheese Nachos and enjoy!
- The soup is spicy. If you prefer less spice, decrease the hot sauce or add the cream cheese mentioned in the ingredients. Topping it with ranch or yogurt will also cool it down; this is my preference.
- Smoked paprika gives this soup an amazing flavor. Regular paprika will work in a pinch.
- Add canned beans for a chili like soup.
Keywords: buffalo chicken, instant pot soup, healthy soup recipes