Instant Pot Cabbage Roll Soup
Healthy, wholesome, Cabbage Roll Soup, guaranteed to make you feel good in no time flat!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: European
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground pork or turkey sausage
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup wild rice
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups V8 juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium head cabbage, core removed and coarsely chopped
- Select saute on the pressure cooker and add oil. When hot, add onions, garlic, and pork. Sprinkle paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper on the pork. Brown and crumble the pork until it’s cooked through and the onions are soft.
- Add rice, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, broth, V8, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaf; stir. Place chopped cabbage on top – DO NOT STIR.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove bay leaf and serve hot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Can swap wild rice for brown rice with no change to the cook time. If using white rice, you may want to cut the cook time in half.
- The 20 minute cook time will not overcook the cabbage as long as the cabbage is cut into wide strips and placed right on top of the liquids.
Keywords: Instant Pot Soup, Cabbage Rolls, Healthy Soup