Time for a virtual chat and my new flavor of Instant Pot Crio Bru – Creamy Cashew! No matter your mood, this Creamy, frothy cup of Crio will soothe your soul in no time.
My goodness, has it really been 6 months since our last TIDBITS chat? Between starting local InstaFreeze Meals classes and then launching InstaFreeze Meals Online, oh and that little virus who shall remain nameless, and the hard reality of becoming a homeschooling mom overnight . . . my life has been quite the blur.
Kind of reminds me of the mind blur of 2012 when I had two preemies enter my life!
Today just so happens to be my birthday and since I won't be doing much “going out on the town”, today seemed like the perfect day to reach out to all my TIDBITS peeps for some entertaining chit chat.
Ask my kids how much they like my Savory Blue Cheese Cheesecake I make every year for myself. “It's my party, I can make the dessert that I want to . . .”
In case you're new around here, these “TIDBITS Talk” posts are all about answering questions I get from my readers, asking you questions, telling you things I've learned, and sharing new products I've found and love.
It's basically the conversations I would have with you all in person if we could all live next door to each other.
It's also a chance for me to introduce my new favorite Crio Bru flavor creation and offer a Crio Bru giveaway package to one lucky winner!
So essentially I'm giving YOU gifts for MY birthday. That's how it basically goes once you have children, right, haha!
To win the Crio Bru package, simply pick a topic on this post and respond below in the comment area.
To see what's up for grabs this month, see the Crio Bru Giveaway details below!
If you've been wanting to try out Crio Bru or simply need to refill your stash, Click Here and use the code TIDBITS10 to get 10% off your order.
IMPORTANT ITEMS OF BUSINESS FOR TODAY
- Rapid Fire Questions – questions you've asked me and a few I threw in for fun
- Mini Miracles
- Pick me ups you need to listen to – SAVED MY SANITY!
- Homeschooling – How are you doing?
- Brain Balance – have you heard of it?
- Things I'm lovin' lately – my hair's a mess but my feet are gorgeous!
- Need Face Cream and Tanner recommendations!
1) RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS
Instead of a lengthy Q&A today, I'm doing 10 Rapid Fire questions – some of them are ones I get asked, and a few I threw in for fun. I'd love to know your answers too! I love knowing these little tidbits about you!
- Favorite hobbies (other than cooking): Running and riding motorcycles.
- Bucket list dream: To tour the world on a KTM Adventure motorcycle, sigh.
- Favorite season: Fall . . . or Spring . . . basically weather that's not too cold or too hot.
- Biggest pet peeve: Lights being left on. Why, just why.
- Super Power I wish I had: Flying, I've had dreams of it since I was a kid 🙂
- Favorite color: Blue – light, never dark
- Favorite recipe on TIDBITS: Chicken Tikka Masala – my answer for the past 2 years (image below – I'm drooling!)
- Talent you wish you had: Creating a pretty home – my sister Cami took all those genes.
- Most daring thing I've ever done: Bungee jump off a bridge in Moab and basically any moment I have to talk in front of a crowd.
- Favorite dessert: Dark Chocolate forever.
NOW TELL ME YOUR ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS!
2) MINI MIRACLES
Every now and again I get a mommy lightbulb moment that I think is pretty great and I wanted to share this one with you.
One day I noticed my kids getting a little hung up on the issues of the world and it upset me so much to see them feeling fear because of it.
We talked about how when things are the toughest, we get the opportunity to witness some of the greatest miracles.
Every evening before bed we are looking back at the day to see if we can pick out the “mini miracles” of the day. I have loved this practice so much not just for them, but for this tired mommy who wants to fall into bed at 7:30 p.m. every day. It's a beautiful way to remember that there is a Higher Power and that He is indeed aware and blessing us more than we could ever imagine.
When I stopped agonizing over the horrible timing of the worldwide shutdown, I realized instead that so many things couldn't have been timed more perfectly.
My recent mini miracle was this past week when my son and daughter almost hit head-on while riding dirt bikes. Gratefully my daughter veered into a fence to miss him, just barely hitting her hand on his handlebars. It was enough impact to rip her nail halfway off, but it was the perfect amount of warning to them to slow down and stay in your lane.
Also, two members of our InstaFreeze Meals family had babies in March and this turned out to be the perfect time for them to stay home, heal, and keep their babies safe from ALL illnesses. Mini miracles 🙂
Tell me: What are some of your Mini Miracles?
My InstaFreeze Meals partner in crime, AKA, little sis'
3) INSPIRING WORDS
If you are struggling to figure out the who, what, when, where, why, and how of life right now, I recommend you take a listen to a couple of inspiring things I discovered lately. These listens are all about Finding your Life Purpose no matter what stage of life or situation you are in. Truly, these both were music to my ears and inspired me to make a much needed attitude adjustment.
- Brooke Snow: Finding your Life Purpose
- Don't Miss This – Special Edition: Finding your Purpose in this Place
Older picture but one of my favorites for reminding me of my “life purpose”
4) HOMESCHOOLING, AKA, WHO AM I AND HOW DID I GET HERE
I'd like to be very honest here – no sugar coating whatsoever . . . I sobbed every hour of my first day as a homeschool mom. Please tell me someone out there relates or I will be completely mortified that I revealed that.
I spent the entire day trying to figure out the program, crying to teachers, text crying to teachers, and running to my own mommy to insist she make everything all better.
All the while my kids sat shocked at their crazy mother and then fought because they were also confused, tired, and overwhelmed. It was not my proudest day ever.
A few weeks out now I'm happy to say I haven't lost my cool to that extreme again, and I might even say, “I kind of like this!” (sometimes, let's not get too crazy here).
Since it looks like this will be my life for a while, I would LOVE to hear what you've discovered that makes it work as smoothly as possible. I would like to look back at this time and feel proud of how we did, so give me all the tips you've got!
I can't do a fourth-grade math story problem to save my life, but I've embraced some other methods of “homeschool”. For example:
Engineering/Math: Sled + Skateboard = Scooter!
Cooking/Math with Frozen Whipped Cream Dollops.
Shop/Art Class with the cutest little nativity scene I've ever seen. He drew all these pictures using Art for Kids Hub (amazing! Check it out!)
Reading of course. Lots of big words in this book 🙂
And then we have Recess/PE with the cutest little moto girl I've ever set eyes on.
I'm not saying they'll get to college going to Marci's School, but they'll be happy, right?!
5) BRAIN BALANCE
Quick question here, have you heard of Brain Balance or know a child who has gone through the program? I'd love to talk to you if you have experience with it! It's a program for helping kids retrain their brains, particularly those with ADHD type symptoms. I've been on a hunt for answers on how to help one of my kids, and I'm wondering/hoping if this program is it.
6) THINGS I'M LOVIN' LATELY
Foot Peel: Have you ever tried this peel? IT IS FANTASTIC!!! If nothing else, watching the calluses peel off your feet is gonna be the best entertainment you've had all month! Consider it a little something special you can do for yourself while a pedicure is out of the question.
Natural Calm Magnesium: Do you care if we talk about constipation for a sec? If you happen to have a lot of stress happening in your life right now and find it's affecting your digestive system in a slightly unpleasant way, THIS IS FOR YOU. It's not necessarily advertised for constipation, but it is wonderfully calming to a stressed belly. Also great for older kiddos.
Nutpods Unsweetened Nondairy Creamer: Nutpods is my new favorite treat every morning. Not only do I add a splash to my cup of Crio Bru, but I simply can't eat fruit anymore unless it's drizzled with French Vanilla Nutpods Creamer. It feels so luxurious, but at only 10 calories per serving, it's still totally breakfast-worthy. Use the code MARCITIDBITS to get 15% off your order!
Kiwi Crate: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kiwi Crate! I have a monthly subscription for each one of my kids and it is the highlight of the month for them, especially my budding engineer. My crafty daughter adores the Doodle Crate, my engineer brained son loves the Tinker Crate, and my son who likes simple, quick projects likes the Kiwi Crate. My personal favorite is the Atlas Crate because it's basically a tour of different countries, but my daughter preferred the Doodle Crate so we switched her subscription this past month.
To give me some backup activities, I ordered a few extra boxes to have on hand. These are amazing when the kids are needing something to do and have exhausted my craft bins.
EzyRoller Drifter X: To say my kids have a lot of energy is the understatement of the century. My sister Cami even texted me one day to say, “Wow, your kids take the energy level of my house WAY up.” I'm always on the hunt for fun outdoor activities, and this Drifter Bike has been a ton of fun. I only ordered one, but it's becoming very apparent that I might need at least 2 . . . or 3 if I ever want a chance at a turn. They are such a good workout!
Notice the pink splinted finger? That would be the fingernail she lost. She had to get stitches too, poor girl.
7) FACE TANNER AND KID FACE CREAM
I know it sounds a little shallow perhaps since I'm just hanging out at home, but I just feel better about life with a little color on my face. My favorite Clarins face tanner is no longer available (WHY!!!!), so I desperately need your suggestions! Do you have a favorite that doesn't stink, is easy to apply, and has a natural-looking color?
Also, my daughter is almost 10 and is showing interest in caring for her skin more. Any good kid face products out there? Cleansers, lotions, etc. I've never really seen anything geared towards kids specifically so I'm not sure where to start!
CRIO BRU FLAVOR OF THE MONTH – CREAMY CASHEW!
I tried this flavor out after seeing this recipe for Cashew Coffee. I had high hopes that it would work great for my beloved Crio Bru as well.
I had the recipe hanging on my fridge for nearly 3 months before I actually tried it, but once I did, whoa mama, H-E-A-V-E-N!
The froth, the cream, the super silky texture, soothing all my troubles away with every glorious sip.
I can't emphasize enough the importance that you try this one ASAP! Chores, laundry, hungry children . . . it can all wait. Mama needs Cashew Crio Bru.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE INSTANT POT CASHEW CRIO BRU
- Super frothy, creamy, and comforting. This is Crio Bru like you've never experienced!
- Slightly nutty, but not too much. Peanut butter is sometimes a little strong for me, the cashews instead make it super creamy with the perfect amount of nutty flavor.
- Amazing hot or cold – however you drink it, it's the perfect guilt-free treat.
HOW TO MAKE CASHEW CRIO BRU
- Pour hot Crio Bru into a blender
- Add cashews, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt
- Blend until smooth and frothy
MORE CRIO BRU FLAVORS TO TRY
CRIO BRU GIVEAWAY – giveaway is over
As per tradition, Crio Bru is giving away some of their most popular products to one of you lucky people! Up for grabs:
- Limited Edition Cuyagua: This is a new flavor and it is truly amazing! The smell alone is addicting and the hint of cloves and cinnamon is setting it apart as one of my favorites of all time.
- Criosa Chocolate Covered Cacao Beans: Hands down my favorite chocolate treat of all time! The quality of the chocolate covering the perfectly crunchy beans is unreal. Honestly, I've never tasted anything better. I wish I could get a giant bar of it!
- Criosa Cacao Syrup: This one I haven't tried yet, I didn't even know it existed until they offered it in this giveaway package. To be sure, I'll be ordering it soon!
- Nutpods Unsweetened Dairy Free Creamer: As I mentioned above, this is my new favorite creamer so I begged Crio Bru to add it to the giveaway. You're welcome 🙂
Congrats to the winner of the giveaway – Angie!
Get 10% off all Crio Products when you use the code TIDBITS10.
Thanks for being here! I value your opinions and thoughts more than you know and I love that it becomes a resource for so many others too.
Instant Pot Cashew Crio Bru
Creamy and frothy to the max, this Cashew Crio Bru is delightful!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups hot brewed Crio Bru (see note for how I brew it in the Instant Pot)
- ¼ cup unsalted cashews (roasted or raw)
- Optional: 1-3 teaspoons maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it)
- small pinch of kosher salt
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender. Start on low for 10 seconds then increase speed to high for 60 seconds. Finish with about 10 more seconds on low. This variation of speed will make it extra smooth and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- You will need Instant Pot Crio Bru ready for this recipe.
- If you do not have a high speed blender, pour your hot Crio Bru into the blender and add the cashews. Let it soak for 15-20 minutes, then blend. Reheat in the microwave if needed.
- Make a larger batch by doubling or tripling the ingredients and store the leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge. When you’re ready to drink it, give it a good shake then pour it into a mug. Warm it for a minute or two in the microwave.
- The sweetener is optional and you can add as much or as little as you like. Honey, agave, or regular white sugar are all good substitutes for maple syrup.
- Also tastes great cold over ice!
Keywords: Crio Bru, Chocolate Drink, Healthy Chocolate