I want this Instant Pot Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce on ribs, chicken, salads, tofu, quesadillas, pineapple, ect, forever and ever. Wanna join me? Sweet, smoky, tangy and glorious on every single thing I put it on. Bonus: low in added sweeteners which is so hard to come by with BBQ sauce!
I’m quite selective about what things I make homemade. As much as I’d like every pantry, fridge, and freezer item to be homemade, it’s just not going to happen. Ketchup, ranch, fruit leather, marinara, tortillas, etc all get store-bought. Whole wheat bread, yogurt, teriyaki sauce, and my world-famous (to me) dark chocolate bon bons all get homemade love.
Another thing I haven’t bought from a store for years is barbecue sauce. Since going sugar free a few years ago, I knew I had to either accept a life void of BBQ (oh the tragedy!) or make my own.
Whether having a reduced sugar BBQ sauce is important to you or not, this Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce is down right slurp worthy. Let’s break it down:
How to Make The Best Instant Pot BBQ Sauce
MAKE IT SWEET, SMOKY, AND SPICY
The best BBQ sauces have a perfect balance of these 3 S’s.
Sweet: Peaches and Honey
Spicy: Again the Chipotle Peppers and Dijon Mustard
You can easily adjust these ingredients depending on how spicy or sweet you want it. As is, this recipe is mildly sweet with a pleasant kick. When making it for my husband and I, I tend to throw in an extra pepper or two #spiceaddicts
MAKE IT FAST
BBQ die hards will tell you that a good sauce is all about the long simmer. I don’t got time for that. But I do have an Instant Pot and it gets that low and slow cooked flavor in 15 minutes. Honestly, I’ve done this recipe both ways and couldn’t taste hardly any difference.
MAKE IT SMOOTH
Blend it all up after it’s done cooking for a silky smooth finish.
MAKE A BUNCH
I’ve doubled this recipe many times successfully and I suspect it would also triple just fine. It freezes perfectly and I’m always so happy to have a ziplock bag of it in my freezer. I portion out 2 cups per quart size bag and freeze them flat so they will thaw quickly when I need them. For a super simple meal, throw frozen BBQ sauce into your Instant Pot with some chicken breasts. Minutes later – DINNER!
MAKE IT NOW
I’ll be showing you my new favorite Baby Back Ribs recipe tomorrow so there’s no time like the present to make this sauce and have it ready and waiting for you.
Get ready to be the hero of every grillin’ party for the rest of your life!
Tools/Ingredients used to make Instant Pot Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce
Instant Pot or
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!Print
Instant Pot Chipotle Peach BBQ Sauce
A little sweet, a little smoky, with the perfect amount of kick, you will want to eat this Barbecue Sauce with a spoon!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: About 4 cups
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 ½ cups ketchup (preferably an unsweetened brand like Westbrae Natural Organic Unsweetened Ketchup or a minimally sweetened brand like Sir Kensington’s)
- 2 – 4 tablespoons honey (depending on how sweet you want it)
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled and halved or 4 oz dried peaches (see note)
- 1 – 3 chipotle peppers plus 1 tablespoon of sauce from a 4 oz can of chipotles in adobo (1 pepper is mild in heat. 3 has a nice kick)
- ½ cup onion, minced (or 2 frozen onion cubes – see notes)
- 3 cloves garlic (I like to use the roasted ones from the grocery store olive bar section)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to the pressure cooker pot and stir well. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Blend until smooth with an immersion blender or a high speed table top blender. Use immediately or transfer to glass jars and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Also freezes well in freezer safe resealable bags.
- If using dried peaches, the sauce is sweeter and more thick. I suggest using only 2 tablespoons of honey and adding an extra 1/4 cup water to the pot.
- I often swap chopped onions out for these frozen onion cubes in the freezer isle.
Keywords: instant pot, grilling, barbecue sauce