Instant Pot Dark Chocolate Caramel Brownie Pudding
Dark, rich chocolate pudding with swirls of caramel and sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (18 ounce) package dark chocolate brownie mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 8 – 10 store bought caramels (I use the individually wrapped square Kraft caramels)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts, walnuts, or pecans
- ⅓ cup boiling water
- For serving: Vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce
- Spray a 7 inch cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together brownie mix and baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix eggs, butter, and milk until blended. Add dry ingredients and mix until blended. Scrape batter into the cake pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and cocoa powder. Sprinkle evenly on top of brownie batter.
- Top with caramels and walnuts (don’t stir it).
- Pour ⅓ cup of boiling water over the cocoa powder. Press any dry spots of cocoa powder into the water.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet inside.
- Center the filled pan on a foil or silicone sling and lower the pan onto the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes for an extra gooey brownie pudding, 35 minutes for a less gooey, more set brownie pudding.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- The top of the brownies should be set with a thick pudding layer underneath. If the top layer is still wet, cook for another 5 minutes. Warning: the pudding will be VERY hot.
- Carefully remove the cake pan to a wire rack and let cool uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Spoon warm Brownie Pudding into bowls and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of caramel, and a pinch of flaky sea salt.
- I highly recommend using Betty Crocker brand brownie mix. If you prefer a lighter chocolate, there is a Milk Chocolate flavor.
- I also highly recommend not using super soft caramels since they quickly melt into the batter and deny you of the prize caramel bites.
- Nuts add a delicious crunchy texture amidst the rich, gooey pudding, but they can of course, be omitted, if needed.
Keywords: instant pot dessert, brownie pudding, chocolate dessert