Instant Pot Chocolate Oatmeal
Creamy, custard like Instant Pot Chocolate Oatmeal. Perfect way to start the day!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk will work)
- 2 very ripe medium size bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ – ⅓ cup mini or regular size dark chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Lightly spray a 1 ½ quart or larger heat safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the milk, mashed bananas, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and butter; mix well.
- Add the oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips; whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Place dish on the trivet using a silicone or tin foil sling to make for easier removal.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure cooker knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Serve hot with a splash of cream or milk, berries, and/or banana slices.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, add a splash of milk and warm in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- 2/3 cup of applesauce or pumpkin puree makes a good substitute for the banana, if desired.
- This oatmeal can be made up the night before, stored in the fridge, then cooked in the morning.
- Do not cook this directly in the pot. The mixture is much too thick and creamy and will result in a BURN message
- Do not substitute steel-cut oats, they will not be fully cooked at 25 minutes.
Keywords: Instant Pot Oatmeal, Healthy Oatmeal, Healthy Breakfast