This Creamy Cinnamon Syrup is infused to the max with warm cinnamon flavor in the Pressure Cooker and is the perfect addition to pancakes, oatmeal, yogurt, and beyond! Instant Pot Cinnamon Cream Syrup is gonna change your breakfast game forever!
People always ask me how I come up with my recipes. Oh, the stories I could tell.
I've never been to Italy and studied at the side of a wise Nonna or moved to Scotland and been Gordan Ramsey's assistant (although those would make for some good stories).
Mostly, I'm a mama who loves to talk, dream, and write about food and every single recipe in some way ties back to my family.
So, let's talk about the dreamiest, most luscious syrup to ever transcend like a waterfall over your stack of pancakes.
This Creamy Cinnamon Syrup came into existence after watching my 7-year-old dump a $20 bottle of pure maple syrup over top his waffles and then say, “the syrup at IHOP is better.”
Ugh…What…you just dumped $5 worth of syrup on your plate and then dare tell me that you would rather a $2 bottle of Buttersworth?
I still prefer that pure maple syrup grace our table but I want it to meet 2 requirements:
- Cheap (well, cheaper)
- Perhaps contain a boost of protein and fat instead of a shot of sugar to my already hyper twin boys
Well, my lovely, most wonderful friends. This is your answer!!!
$2 can of coconut milk plus a half cup of maple syrup gold, and YOU ARE IN SERIOUS BUSINESS!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE INSTANT POT CINNAMON CREAM SYRUP
- First – the words cinnamon cream – I want shampoo, lotion, and room spray named exactly that.
- What would you pick: soggy, syrup-soaked pancakes or tall, fluffy pancakes draped ever so delicately with silk sauce. If you picked the right answer, I've got your back.
- More cost-effective, oh yes it is.
- And yes, it also checks the box of giving my kids a little extra long-lasting fuel because it boasts a bit of protein and fat.
Are you onboard? Have I ever let you down when I've talked so exaggeratively before? This is true love you guys. I want you to fall in love with syrup.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CINNAMON CREAM SYRUP
- Everybody goes into the pot (yep, super easy)
- Cook it for 10 min to really infuse the cinnamon flavor
- Simmer to thicken. You'll want it to easily coat the back of a spoon. It'll thicken even more once chilled
SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR DETAILED COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
TIPS FOR COCONUT MILK CINNAMON SYRUP SUCCESS
- It's important to note that you want to use LITE coconut milk here and preferably the Thai Kitchen brand, which you can get for an amazing price on Amazon Subscribe and Save. Full fat coconut milk is amazing, but solidifies once chilled, which results in chunky, separated syrup – not good.
- If you can find them, Vietnamese cinnamon sticks are a treasure I want all of you to discover. Have you tasted the difference between regular storebought ground cinnamon and this glorious Vietnamese Cinnamon? You won't be able to go back, sorry, but not.
- If you want to take it up even another notch, make it with one real vanilla bean. This, unfortunately, blows my “cheaper” claim out of the building, but it is truly something to experience at least once in your life.
- Simmer, Simmer, Simmer. A pressure cooker will do a great job at infusing and combining all the flavors, but it will take the saute button to get it simmered down to a thick, luscious sauce.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR NEW FAVORITE SYRUP?
- Pancakes and Waffles, of course (get this homemade pancake mix in your life ASAP)
- Instant Pot Yogurt
- Instant Pot Skyr
- Instant Pot Blackberry Almond Breakfast Cake
- Instant Pot Blueberry Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Oatmeal Muffins
- Instant Pot Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats
MORE INSTANT POT SYRUP OPTIONS TO TRY BEFORE YOU DIE
- Instant Pot Chocolate Syrup (THIS! Make this!)
- Instant Pot Infused Honey Syrup (endless flavors!)
- Instant Pot Cashew Cream Dip (also amazing over pancakes)
HOW TO STORE CINNAMON CREAM SYRUP
In the very back of the fridge behind the sauerkraut (kidding, sort of).
I'm sitting here dreaming about every single one of your first experiences with this syrup. I see tears, cheers, and mom hugs all over the world. It's a beautiful thing.
TOOLS/INGREDIENTS USED TO MAKE INSTANT POT CINNAMON CREAM SYRUPPrint
Instant Pot Cinnamon Cream Syrup
Thick, creamy luscious Instant Pot Cinnamon Cream Syrup is the greatest thing to ever grace your breakfast table.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 14 oz can lite unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cinnamon sticks (vietamese is my favorite!)
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add coconut milk, maple syrup, cinnamon sticks, salt and vanilla to the pressure cooker pot. Whisk until combined.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Using the sauté function, simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring often, to thicken slightly.
- Discard cinnamon sticks.
- Pour into a Mason jar or syrup dispenser.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake well before each use.
- For an even more intense vanilla flavor, split a vanilla bean and add it to the syrup and milk in the first step. When cooking is complete, whisk the syrup and remove the vanilla bean pod.
- Use LITE coconut milk, preferably the Thai Kitchen brand. Regular coconut milk will harden and separate when refrigerated.
Keywords: Instant Pot Breakfast, Homemade Syrup, Cinnamon Cream Syrup