Instant Pot Coconut Orange Crio Bru
Instant Pot Crio Bru with a citrusy orange twist!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 14 oz can lite coconut milk (may substitute with 1 3/4 cup of coconut milk from the carton for a lighter version)
- 2 ¼ cup water
- Zest and juice of 2 medium size oranges
- 2 – 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup Crio Bru grounds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Orange Scented Whipped Cream – Optional but delicious
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 – 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- Put all of the ingredients in the pressure cooker pot.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour Crio Bru through the sieve to filter out the grounds. Be careful! The Crio Bru will be very hot.
- Serve immediately with Orange Scented Whipped Cream if desired.
- Store cooled leftovers in mason jars in the fridge. It tastes delicious cold or warmed up in the microwave for 1 – 2 minutes
Orange Scented Whipped Cream
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until it reaches your desired thickness. I like mine a bit on the thin side.
- A fine mesh sieve is important here so you don’t end up with a gritty beverage
- This can be easily doubled and stored in the fridge. When you want a cup, simply microwave it for about 2 minutes
Keywords: instant pot, crio bru, chocolate drink