Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Pressure cooking corn on the cob is the only way to go! Perfectly tender and crisp every single time!
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- corn on the cob (6-8 cobs, however many will fit in the pot)
- salt and pepper
- lemon pepper (if desired)
- Add 1 cup of water to the pot of the pressure cooker and place a collapsible steamer basket or a trivet inside. Place the desired number of cobs in the basket/trivet. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 2-4 minutes depending on desired crispness.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Spread the cooked cobs with butter and add a sprinkle of salt and lemon pepper.
- Cook the corn for 2 minutes for just barely cooked, 4 minutes for a softer kernel
- To caramelize corn, heat a skillet or grill to high heat. Add corn and rotate until some of the kernels are browned
How to Freeze Fresh Corn
- To a large bowl add lots of ice and cold water, set aside.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet inside. Place cobs of corn on the trivet (as many as will fit). Cook at high pressure for 0 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Immediately put corn in the prepared ice bath.
- Once cooled, cut corn off the cob, pat dry with a towel, then place on a sheet pan lined with nonstick foil. Freeze until solid then transfer to a freezer safe bag. Store in freezer 3 months or so.
Keywords: Instant Pot side dish, corn on the cob, healthy sides