Instant Pot Moist Cornbread Muffins
Moist, soft, and bursting with honey cinnamon flavor
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 14 muffins 1x
- Category: Bread
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk (any kind)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Optional for serving: butter, jam, honey, etc
- Generously spray 2 silicone molds with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk to combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk to combine eggs, milk, honey, yogurt, butter, and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop (that measures about 1/4 cup) to divide all the batter into the molds.
- Stack one of the filled molds on top of a trivet. Place 3-4 narrow mason jar lids on top followed by the second silicone mold.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooker pot and place the trivet and filled silicone molds inside.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 3 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Let the cornbread muffins cool if needed for handling.
- Use a knife or spoon to scrape around each muffin to release it, then turn them over on to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy warm as is or topped with butter, jam, or honey.
- Store extras in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
- Overmixing the batter is often the reason behind tough muffins. Mix just until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet
- These are best served right away. When warming up leftovers in the microwave, wrap them with a damp paper towel. This will keep them from drying out
Keywords: instant pot recipe, cornbread, cornmuffins