Instant Pot Creamy Asparagus Soup
Easy, creamy, healthy Instant Pot Asparagus Soup.
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 6 pieces of prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced in half then into half moons, rinsed well
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 small zucchini, roughly chopped
- 2 pounds asparagus, woody ends trimmed and discarded, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup 2% greek yogurt
Lemon Dill Yogurt
- ½ cup yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon plus a few drops of juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Milk to loosen if needed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake prosciutto on a parchment lined baking sheet until crispy, about 10 minutes. Place cooked prosciutto on paper towels to soak up any extra grease. They will become crispier as they cool.
- Preheat the pressure cooker by selecting saute. Add oil and leeks, saute 4-5 minutes until tender. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, zucchini, asparagus, salt, and pepper; stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 13 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, whisk together Lemon Dill Yogurt ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- When pressure cooking is complete, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Blend with an immersion blender right in the pot until very smooth or carefully pour into a blender and puree, until smooth. Add ½ cup greek yogurt and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Keep in mind that prosciutto is very salty so you don’t want the soup itself to be well salted.
- Serve hot, topped with a swirl of Lemon Dill Yogurt and crumbled prosciutto.
- Prosciutto can be substituted with crispy bacon or omitted. May need to add extra salt to the soup if it is omitted.
- Can use heavy cream instead of greek yogurt.
- Do not add greek yogurt until the soup has been pureed. It can curdle if added when the soup is too hot.
Keywords: Instant Pot Soup, Asparagus Soup, healthy soup