Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake is gonna take your birthday cake game to a whole new level! Beautiful, colorful, sprinkle filled cake to make kids (and maybe even adults) explode with joy!
This Funfetti Cheesecake originally came from my Instant Pot Dessert Cookbook called Instantly Sweet. More on that below!
SPRINKLES! I do LOOOOVVEE me some sprinkles.
People see sprinkles and they immediately swoon and exclaim, “Oh it's so cuuuuuutttte!”
It hardly matters how it tastes because the cute factor is just blowing it off the charts.
No worries though, because this here sweet vanilla cheesecake also flaunts that classic “cake batter” flavor that the whole world also goes gaga over.
Cute, colorful, and takes you back to the days of licking the beaters from your mom's old school hand mixer.
This Funfetti Cheesecake is destined to put a big smile on your face.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE INSTANT POT FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE
- Pressure Cookers are known for making next-level creamy, smooth cheesecake like you can't get anywhere else.
- Golden Oreos create the perfect vanilla crust that actually has a crunch to it (which doesn't always happen with pressure cooker cheesecakes).
- Full Cake Batter flavor with your choice of colorful sprinkles make eating it alone feel like a party.
- Sweet, light, fluffy whipped cream on top to add more interest and texture.
- Every child's eyes will sparkle with amazement when you show up with this cheesecake – this is my favorite part.
HOW TO MAKE FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE IN THE PRESSURE COOKER
- Mix Golden Oreo crumbs with butter and press it into a springform pan
- Use a hand mixer to mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add yogurt, cake mix, and vanilla and mix until smooth
- Stir in eggs one at a time just until incorporated
- Add sprinkles
- Lightly mix in to incorporate
- Pour over the crust
- Place on a trivet in the pressure cooker
- Cook and behold your perfect Funfetti Cheesecake
SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR DETAILED COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
Jaws will drop. Children will cheer. YOU will feel like a flippin' rockstar.
TIPS FOR MAKING A SUCCESSFUL FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE
- This is an opinion, but I feel quite strongly about it. Don't use the standard grocery store sprinkles with brown sprinkles mixed in. Brown is not a Funfetti color (don't make me repeat myself). Find colors that are vibrant and beautiful and will stand out next to the white cheesecake
- Once you add the sprinkles, stir them in quickly and get the filling into the crust. Being slow about this process might lead to some bleeding out of the color from the sprinkles.
- Be aware that the addition of the cake mix adds ingredients that will cause the cake to rise a bit which means you won't get a perfectly smooth, flat, crack-free top with this cheesecake. Hence the addition of the whipped cream topping. It adds flavor but it also keeps things beautiful.
MORE GENERAL TIPS FOR MAKING CHEESECAKE IN THE INSTANT POT
These tips can also be found in my recipe for Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Don't press the crust more than halfway up the pan. If it gets moisture on it while cooking, it'll get soggy
- Use room temperature cream cheese and eggs. It will mix up much smoother than if you use cold
- Don't use low fat/nonfat ingredients. Whole fat cream cheese and at least 2% Greek yogurt is a must for texture
- Get the cheesecake mixture smooth and well blended before adding the eggs
- Once you add the eggs, very gently stir them in just until incorporated. If you overbeat the eggs, your cheesecake may overflow while cooking. It will still be tasty, but it'll look a bit of a mess
- Unplug the cooker after it beeps so it doesn't continue to cook the cake, then let it rest at least 10 – 15 minutes. I've found a quick release on cheesecakes increases the chance of the cheesecake rising and falling. Be patient!
- Let it chill in the fridge completely, at least 4 hours. The texture is so much creamier and richer tasting, overnight is even better
- Top it with whipped cream or ganache. Not only will this hide any imperfections, but the contrast in texture is what really makes a cheesecake dreamy, in my opinion
HOW TO MAKE A CHEESECAKE WITH A FOOD PROCESSOR
I am a huge fan of using a food processor to make cheesecake. I feel like it does an amazing job at getting the mixture ultra smooth and creamy.
It also prevents over mixing the eggs which is a huge culprit of ugly cheesecakes. When I add the eggs, I pulse it twice, then remove the lid and stir them in the rest of the way with a spatula.
The only downside, of course, is needing to stir around the center tube, but I've had many, MANY successful cheesecakes using the food processor so I say it's worth it!
For a step by step collage of the food processor process, see my recipe for Instant Pot White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake
FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE VARIATIONS
- Cook the filling without the cookie crust and make Cheesecake Pops!
- Once your cheesecake has cooled, use a cookie scoop to make balls, roll them in cookie crumbs, and push a sucker stick into the center. For more details on how to do this, visit Barbara at Pressure Cooking Today where she also dips her pops in chocolate (not a bad idea here either!)
- Omit the sprinkles for a fabulous and simple Cake Batter Cheesecake.
If you love desserts and want to really push the limits on what you can make in the Instant Pot, this book is for you! Here's a little sneak peek of the goodies you'll find in the cookbook.
MORE INSTANT POT CHEESECAKES
- Instant Pot German Chocolate Cheesecake
- Instant Pot White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Instant Pot White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Triple Layered Chocolate Cheesecake
TOOLS USED TO MAKE INSTANT POT FUNFETTI CHEESECAKEPrint
Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake
Colorful, joyful, Instant Pot Funfetti Cheesecake!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 75 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
For the Crust
- Nonstick cooking spray, for preparing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups Golden Oreo crumbs (about 18 cookies, crushed)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup boxed yellow cake mix
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sprinkles, plus more for garnishing
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- To make the crust: Coat a 7-inch (18 cm) springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Spread the crust evenly in the bottom and no more than 1 inch up the side of the prepared pan. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- To make the filling: in a large bowl, with a handheld electric mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Blend in the yogurt, cake mix, and vanilla.
- One at a time, add the eggs and mix just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Working quickly so the color on the sprinkles doesn’t run, stir in the sprinkles and pour the batter over the crust.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker cooking pot and place a trivet in the bottom. Carefully center the filled pan on a sling and lower the pan onto the trivet.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the pressure release valve to the Sealed position.
- Select High Pressure and 35 minutes cook time.
- When the cook time ends, turn off the pressure cooker. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and finish with a quick pressure release.
- When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid. The cheesecake should be slightly jiggly in the center. If it's underdone, cook for another 5 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- With the sling, transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool. Soak up any water that may have collected on top of the cheesecake with the corner of a paper towel.
- When the cheesecake is cool, refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 4 hours, or overnight, until ready to serve.
- Just prior to serving, spread or pipe the whipped cream on top of the cheesecake. Garnish with a few more sprinkles.
To make Vanilla Whipped Cream
- In a medium bowl, using a handheld electric mixer, beat the cream on medium-high speed until it starts to thicken.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Always use room temperature cream cheese and eggs
- Stir eggs in gently by hand to prevent cheesecake from overflowing the pan while cooking
- See notes in post for my many Instant Pot Cheesecake Tips
Keywords: Instant Pot Cheesecake, Funfetti Cheesecake, Confetti Cake