Instant Pot Gluten Free Peach Melba Breakfast Cake with Raspberry Yogurt Sauce
Hands down my family’s favorite breakfasts are my Instant Pot Breakfast Cakes. This version is Gluten Free and sports the lovely combo of peaches and raspberries.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 70 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar (or up to 1/2 cup for a sweeter cake)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gluten Free Flour Blend like Bob’s Red Mill (or substitute with whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour if gluten is not a concern)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam (I like Smuckers Naturally Sweetened, Seedless Raspberry Spread)
Raspberry Vanilla Yogurt Sauce
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam (warm in microwave 10 seconds to thin if needed)
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (this Coconut Vanilla Extract is amazing!)
- 1 – 3 teaspoons milk to thin if needed
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, optional for a sweeter sauce
- Grease a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Add the sugar, butter, yogurt, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, and baking powder; combine with egg mixture.
- Fold chopped peaches into the batter.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan.
- Top batter with dollops of raspberry jam and use a knife to swirl the mixture lightly into the cake batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over the jam layer and smooth the top.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet inside. Carefully place the springform pan on the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 45 minutes.
- While the cake cooks, combine all of the Raspberry Vanilla Yogurt Sauce ingredients and store in the fridge. This can be done 2 days ahead of time.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove pan from the pressure cooker. Carefully remove the springform ring. If it is sticking, run a knife around the edges of the cake to loosen.
- Serve hot with a big drizzle of Raspberry Yogurt Sauce.
- Fresh peaches are best but canned or thawed, frozen peaches will work in a pinch
- If gluten isn’t a concern, white whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour can be substituted for the Gluten Free Flour
- Store leftovers in the fridge for about 3 days or freeze for a month or so
- Cook time can be decreased to 30 minutes by using a 6 cup bundt pan
Keywords: instant pot breakfast, breakfast cake, healthy breakfast