Instant Pot Lemon Risotto with Asparagus and Peas
Fresh spring flavors wrapped up in the most glorious creamy Instant Pot risotto
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian American
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced in half then into thin half moons (about 1 heaping cup)
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth (reserve 1 cup)
- juice of 1 lemon (zest it first and set aside)
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces, discard tough ends (may substitute with broccoli)
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- zest of 1 medium sized lemon
- ⅓ cup whipped cream cheese
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh, minced chives
- Preheat the pressure cooker, by selecting sauté. Add the butter and olive oil. When butter is melted and slightly bubbling, add onions and leeks, sauté 5-7 minutes or until tender. Add the rice to the pot and stir for 1-2 minutes until opaque.
- Add 3 cups of chicken broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place asparagus in a microwave safe bowl, cover with hot water and microwave for 3-4 minutes until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water, to stop the cooking.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Select sauté and add 1/2 -1 cup of chicken broth; stir for 2 minutes.
- Add peas and asparagus; stir 30 – 60 seconds to heat them through.
- Unplug pressure cooker, add lemon zest, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and chives; stir until well incorporated.
- Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of parmesan and a squeeze of lemon.
- Saute twice as many leeks and onions and freeze half for another day. The risotto will come together in no time with this trick!
Keywords: instant pot risotto, lemon risotto, spring food