Instant Pot Easy Poached Egg
This method takes the mystery out of making poached eggs AND makes it a hands off task. Perfect Poached Eggs anytime!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 1-7 eggs
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Eggs (anywhere from 1-7 eggs at a time, depending on how many your silicone tray holds)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside.
- Spray silicone tray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crack desired number of eggs into the holes of the silicone tray. Place tray on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 6 – 8 minutes (see notes regarding cooking time).
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Check the eggs. The egg white should be completely cooked and the yellow center should be slightly jiggly.
- Using a soft edge knife or spoon, carefully scrape around the egg to make sure it’s not adhering to the edges, then gently scoop it from the tray.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Serve with avocado toast, english muffins, tamales, salads, hashbrowns, etc
- Cooking time will vary depending on the brand of silicone tray, brand/model of pressure cooker, number of eggs, and altitude. The more eggs, the less time it will take. For 2-3 eggs I cook mine for 7 minutes. For more than 3 eggs I cook for 6 minutes
- A few more tips: Use fresh eggs, spray the egg bite tray with nonstick spray, and don’t season the eggs until after they are cooked.
- If you open the pot and they are undercooked, quickly put the lid on and cook for 1 more minute with a quick release.
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, instant pot