Instant Pot Perfect White Rice
Perfect, no rinse, rice that requires only a couple minutes of your time!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Category: Grains
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup long grain white rice (rinsed or unrinsed)
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Add rice, chicken broth, salt, and butter to the pressure cooker pot and stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.
- The rice to liquid ratio works for both rinsed and unrinsed rice. Unrinsed will be a tad sticky (not clumpy), rinsed will be more separated
- Freeze any extra rice in resealable freezer bags. I love having it on hand for quick rice bowl dinners and fried rice
- Double ingredients if needed. I’ve never tried tripling it
Keywords: pressure cooker, instant pot, white rice, easy side dish