Instant Pot Salt Potatoes
Instant Pot Salt Potatoes are perfectly salty on the outside and creamy on the inside. Easy, fast side dish for any meal.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup salt (table or kosher will both work)
- 6 cups warm water (warm enough to dissolve the salt)
- 3 pounds baby potatoes (Yukon, red, purple or all three)
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- Optional: A sprig each of rosemary and thyme
Sour Cream and Chive Dip
- 1 cup sour cream (may substitute with plain yogurt)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Add salt and warm water to the pressure cooker pot. Swirl the water until the salt dissolves.
- Add potatoes, herbs (if desired), and garlic; stir. The potatoes should be fully submerged, if not, add extra water.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, prepare the Sour Cream and Chive Dip by combining the ingredients in a small bowl.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Drain the potatoes. Let them sit for a few minutes until the skins are dry and you can see a salt crust on them.
- Serve hot with Sour Cream and Chive Dip. Melted butter or ranch also make great dips.
- If you have an air fryer, throw the cooked potatoes in there for a few minutes to crisp the skin a bit – it’ll blow your mind
- Sour Cream and Chive dip can be prepared 1-2 days in advance and tastes even better that way
- If you can’t find baby sized/one bite potatoes, larger will work, you will just need to increase the cooking time
Keywords: instant pot, salt potatoes, easy side dish