Instant Pot Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Sausage stuffed egg patty covered with cheese and served on a toasted English Muffin – This is the ultimate power breakfast!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 6 pre-cooked sausage patties
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- 6 English muffins
- Grease bottom and sides of six 6 ounce ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Crack eggs into a medium size bowl. Add milk, salt, and pepper and whisk until smooth.
- Pour an equal amount of egg mixture into each ramekin.
- Place a sausage patty into the center of each ramekin and press it down. Top with cheese.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place a low trivet inside.
- Place three ramekins on top of the trivet. Stack the next 3 ramekins on the rims of the bottom ramekins.
- Secure the lid and turn the pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 13 minutes.
- While the eggs cook, toast and butter the English muffins.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the ramekins and place them on a cooling rack. There might be some liquid in the ramekins, this is okay, it will soak into the egg after a couple of minutes.
- Run a knife around the eggs then invert them onto the top half of the English muffin. Place them on the bottom muffin and serve.
- For an extra tasty sandwich, melt butter, add a splash of maple syrup, then brush the maple butter generously on the toasted English muffins.
- Make an ultimate Breakfast Sandwich by adding sliced tomato and avocado.
- Homemade biscuits are an incredible alternative to English muffins.
- Make sure the sausage is precooked. Vegetarian sausage patties also taste great.
- Go egg whites only! If you decide to omit the yolk, you may want to add an extra 3 or more eggs.
Keywords: Breakfast Sandwich, Instant Pot Breakfast, Sausage Egg Sandwich