Sweet, fluffy Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are the perfect blank canvas for so many toppings. Here are my top 3 favorites from sweet to savory and from breakfast to dinner.
Once you’ve discovered the magic and ease of Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes, you’re gonna need an arsenal of toppings ideas to keep things interesting. Here are my top 3 faves of all time.
Almond Butter Banana Granola Sweet Potato
This version screams breakfast! Creamy sweet potato, warm almond butter (I buy fresh ground, but this Trader Jo’s Almond Butter is also amazing), sliced banana, crunchy granola (my favorite at the moment is Bear Naked Granola Vanilla Almond), and just a tiny drizzle of pure maple syrup.
Coconut Oil and Cinnamon Sweet Potato
Have you ever tried subbing butter with coconut oil? It’s AMAZING! I use it on popcorn and now on sweet potatoes. The mild coconut flavor pairs with the sweet potato perfectly. Sprinkle on a dash of Vietnamese cinnamon (best cinnamon in the world!) and you’ve got a simple, yet amazing dish. Perfect for a quick side dish or lunch.
Buffalo Blue Cheese with Cheddar and Pickled Jalapeños
Last, but certainly not least of all the many sweet potato toppings ideas, this buffalo version is a favorite of both my husbands and I’s. I posted a version of it in this Stuffed Buffalo Blue Cheese Sweet Potato recipe awhile back. This combo screams one pot dinner and highlights the buffalo flavor that I will never get tired of.
How do you top your sweet potato?
Tools/Products used to make Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes with Toppings
Steamer Basket I love this collapsible one!
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!
Instant Pot Sweet Potato – 3 Ways
From sweet to savory, the sweet potato is the perfect canvas for so many delicious toppings!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1 - 8 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean (1 or up to 8 medium size potatoes, possibly more in an 8 quart)
Coconut Cinnamon Sweet Potato
- coconut oil
Buffalo Blue Cheese Sweet Potato
- rotisserie chicken
- buffalo hot sauce (I like Frank Red Hots Buffalo Sauce)
- crumbled blue cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- pickled jalapeno slices
Almond Butter Banana Sweet Potato
- almond butter
- banana slices
- maple syrup
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet or a steamer basket inside. Stack potatoes inside, larger ones on the bottom, smaller on the top. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release. Could also use a quick release if needed, but they are a bit more moist with a natural.
- Put hot potato on a plate, slice down the middle, and top with desired toppings or pick a flavor below.
For the Coconut Cinnamon Sweet Potato
- Place a small scoop of coconut oil on the hot potato to melt. Sprinkle with cinnamon or cinnamon sugar.
For the Buffalo Blue Cheese Sweet Potato
- Toss rotisserie chicken with buffalo sauce (use a lot of sauce to make it spicy, less for mild). Place on top of potato and top with cheddar cheese, blue cheese, and jalapeño rings. Warm under the oven broiler or in the microwave to melt the cheese.
Almond Butter Banana Sweet Potato
- Top sweet potato with a scoop or drizzle of almond butter, banana slices, drizzle of maple syrup, and a handful of granola.
- Nutritional facts are for the sweet potato only. Other facts will vary depending on how you top it.
Keywords: instant pot, sweet potatoes, healthy side dish