Milk soaked cake topped with sweet cream and peaches . . . chocolate ain't got nothin' on this. This Peaches and Cream Coconut Tres Leches is climbing the stairway to heavenly status for sure! Cake in the Instant Pot for the win!
Every now and again I really surprise myself. I say that in the most humble way possible, but seriously this cake is just . . . whoa! Like my husband and three kids all took a bite and simultaneously said, “Whoa.”
I developed a Cinnamon Tres Leches Cake for mine and Barbara's new cookbook, that is coming out soon, Instantly Sweet. My family adored that recipe as well. Now with the addition of peaches, coconut milk, and toasted coconut, it somehow reached a whole new level of “whoa – ness”.
Tres Leches translates to “three milks” and typically includes heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk. This Coconut Tres Leches version is lighter, but still just as creamy and luscious as any tres leches cake I've ever tasted.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE PEACHES AND CREAM COCONUT TRES LECHES CAKE
- Cuz Peaches and Cream + Tres Leches Cake make a beautiful baby
- Chilled vanilla cake soaked in sweet coconut cream is out of this world
- You can make it ahead of time which means zero stress entertaining
- Wait . . . do I really need to convince you that you'll love this? Is it possible not to love it?
HOW TO MAKE THIS, CAKE MIX FREE, TRES LECHES CAKE
- Whisk up your egg yolk mixture til its sunshiny yellow
- Beat those egg whites til stiff peaks form
- Gently fold the batters together
- Pour into a pan; make your tinfoil sling
- Transfer to the pressure cooker, cook it up
- Mix up Coconut Tres Leches Sauce
- Poke a bazillion holes into the cake
- Pour sauce over the cake
- Let it soak up the creamy sweet goodness! Refrigerate until you're ready to serve
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST TRES LECHES CAKE EVER!
- Make it in the pressure cooker. I know some will question this, but there's something about the spongy, moist texture that cakes get in the Instant Pot that really make them perfect for soaking up that yummy tres leches sauce
- This can be made a day or 2 in advance if needed. Cover the poked cake and place in the fridge. Mix up the milk sauce in a jar and store it in the fridge as well. About 3 hours before you serve it, pour the milk over the cake and chill until ready to serve
- Use lite coconut milk. While full-fat coconut milk is more creamy, it also solidifies more when chilled. Trust me, lite or the carton version is the way to go.
Prime peach season is so short! Make this recipe asap and let those happy tears flow as you enjoy a bowl of this dreamy dessert. I have no hesitation in proclaiming this dessert recipe to be the best one on my blog. Seriously, it's that good.
- Swap the peaches for berries, cherries, bananas, mangos . . . or I'm thinking a combination of all those would be stunning!
- Add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to your milk mixture for a chocolate spin
- Swap a can of dulce de leche for the sweetened condensed milk – that could be incredible!
MORE PEACH RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Coconut Lime Fish Tacos with THE BEST EVER Peach, Corn, and Tomato Salsa
- Gluten Free Peach Melba Breakfast Cake
- Peach Compote – no sugar added!
- Peach and Cream Steel Cut Oats
- Chipotle Peach BBQ Ribs – you'll be the king or queen of the backyard barbecue for sure
I can't even pick a favorite here, just make them all, kay!?
TOOL/INGREDIENTS USED TO MAKE INSTANT POT PEACHES AND CREAM COCONUT TRES LECHES CAKE
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!Print
Instant Pot Peaches and Cream Coconut Tres Leches Cake
Coconut Tres Leches soaked cake topped with sweet, juicy peaches and a dollop of whipped cream. Heaven in every bite!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 80 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
For the Cake
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the Coconut Tres Leches Sauce
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 13 oz can lite coconut milk
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
For the Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- sliced or chopped fresh peaches, extra Coconut Tres Leches Sauce, toasted coconut
- Spray a 7 inch cake pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the egg yolks and ¾ cup sugar and beat on medium-high speed until pale yellow and doubled in volume, 3-4 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Add ⅓ cup milk, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and salt and beat on low speed just until combined.
- In a second mixing bowl add the egg whites and beat with an electric hand mixer at medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in remaining ¼ cup sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add egg whites to the cake batter and gently stir until combined. Carefully spoon the batter into the cake pan and smooth the top.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet inside. Put the cake pan on the trivet. (Use a foil sling to help make removing the cake pan easier.)
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 55 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a natural release for 15 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the cake pan to a wire rack to cool a bit.
- While the cake cools prepare the Coconut Tres Leches Mixture. In a medium bowl, pour the sweetened condensed milk, coconut milk, half and half, and coconut extract and whisk well to combine.
- Using a fork, skewer, or the handle of a thin wooden spoon, poke several holes all over the top of the cake. Pour about two thirds of the coconut tres leches mixture over the cake allowing it to soak in with each drizzle. Reserve about a third of the mixture for serving. Cover the cake and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until milk is soaked in and the cake is chilled.
- Prepare Vanilla Whipped Cream by adding heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla to a medium bowl. Use an electric hand mixer to beat until thick. Store covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve cold with a dollop of whipped cream, a spoonful of chopped peaches, a sprinkle of coconut, and a splash of extra coconut tres leches sauce.
- Best eaten the same day. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator.
- Coconut Tres Leches Sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Cake can also be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator. About 3 hours before serving, pour the tres leches mixture over top.
- Serve with any seasonal fruit: berries, bananas, mangos, etc.
Keywords: Instant pot cake, tres leches cake, peach desserts