This Instant Pot Triple Berry Chia Jam goes on everything! Pancakes, toast, yogurt, ice-cream . . . heck you could even put it over turkey or pork chops! Fast, easy, and healthy too, it’s a dream boat kind of recipe.
If you love your Instant Pot like I love my Instant Pot, you likely try anything and everything in it too. Infused Water? Yep! Vanilla Extract? Yep! Tofu Cheesecake? Yep! But there’s a reason that one hasn’t made the blog . . .
So when I saw Chia Jam recipes poppin’ up in the blogosphere, I thought, “Yep! That just might work.”
My sister Maegan is the one who perfected this recipe. I was trying to keep it sweetener free (yuck, even to me) and wasn’t using near enough chia seeds to thicken it, so I gave up. Maegan however found the perfect ratios and we have used this jam over yogurt at every electric pressure cooker class we’ve taught at ever since. It is always such a hit, and I’m sorry to everyone that has been waiting for my promise to post it!
Sometimes I get too excited about dinner recipes like this Chicken Tikka Masala or this Italian Stuffed Meatloaf, and forget that some of your most loved recipes are ones like this that are so simple and can be made with things you already have on hand.
Spring time resolution – Stop Complicating Life.
Chia jam in the Instant Pot is so incredible! You just dump it in, let it cook while you listen to your son’s reasoning of why it’s ACTUALLY okay to lie sometimes, stir in chia seeds while it’s hot, and just watch the watery fruit turn into a thick, sweet, spoonful of heaven. ????????????
Don’t panic when you look at the recipe! I didn’t forget the water. There is no water in this recipe. Once the fruit starts to thaw as the pot heats, there is plenty of liquid to create the steam needed to create pressure. It will work, have faith! I’ve even done it without any syrup and just a tablespoon of water in this Peach Compote, and it STILL works!
Enjoy this simple, quick goodie of a recipe and I’ll promise to put the brakes on fancy pants dinner recipes every now and again to bring you more of these easy recipe treasures.
Also, I’m amping up The Basics section of my blog because my very smart blogging sister Cami told me I needed to. What do you want to see? I’m talking simple things like a “baked” potato, dried beans, plain ol’ rice, etc etc. I’ve got a list sitting right next to my computer that I keep adding to when you all send me your ideas, so keep those suggestions coming!
In the meantime, if anyone has mastered the perfect method for shreddable chicken breasts, HELP! Every time I think I’ve nailed it, another dry, chewy chicken breast puts me in my place. I feel a bit ashamed admitting this cuz I feel like I’ve totally let you all down in some weird, “I take things too seriously” kind of way.
But this Instant Pot Triple Berry Chia Jam I can guarantee because it is DIVINE! Now go make the easiest, yummiest, healthiest jam of your entire life!
Tools/Ingredients used to make Instant Pot Triple Berry Chia Jam
Instant Pot or
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!
Instant Pot Triple Berry Chia Jam
Loaded with good for you ingredients, this Triple Berry Chia Jam is perfect on toast, pancakes, yogurt, ice-cream and beyond!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: About 2 cups
- 4 cups frozen triple berry mix (mine had strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, but blackberries and cherries are also delicious)
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you like it, my kids prefer 1/3 cup)
- Juice of ½ orange (or lemon will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- Add frozen berries, maple syrup, orange juice, and vanilla extract to the pressure cooker pot. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Add chia seeds and stir quickly so they don’t clump. Cover with the lid and let sit for 20 minutes to thicken.
- Serve hot or store in the refrigerator for up to a week. Jam will thicken when chilled. Freezes perfectly.
- If you want to thicken the jam without chia seeds, after step 2, combine 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cool water in a small bowl or cup and whisk until smooth. Use the saute function to bring jam to a simmer then add the cornstarch slurry and whisk constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.