Instant Pot Turkey Meatballs
Moist, tender turkey meatballs filled with holiday flavors and served with a side of Cranberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: about 16 meatballs 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
For the Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs (or other breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup grated sweet or yellow onion
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 small sage leaves minced or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage or 3/4 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Optional for topping:
- fried sage leaves (see notes)
Optional for serving:
For the Turkey Meatballs
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey, breadcrumbs, onion, parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, parsley, basil, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Gently mix by hand, just until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about a 2 teaspoon scoop), form meat into balls.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet inside.
- Arrange meatballs in a circular pattern on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Serve hot with a side of dip or on top of a bowl of mashed potatoes
- Prepare meatball mixture and place balls on a cookie sheet. Set in the freezer until frozen then place in a freezer safe ziplock bag.
- When ready to cook, arrange frozen meatballs on a trivet as directed above.
- Cook at high pressure for 7 minutes and continue with step 7.
To make Fried Sage Leaves
- Heat 1/2 – 1 inch of olive oil or ghee in a skillet just until shimmering.
- Add sage leaves one at a time, don’t overlap. Fry until crisp, about 15 – 20 seconds, then use a fork to flip and crisp the other side.
- Remove and place on paper towels, sprinkle immediately with a pinch of salt. Repeat with more sage leaves, adding more oil or ghee if needed.
To make Cranberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Add 1 seeded and diced jalapeno to Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Sauce and cook as directed or add 1 seeded and diced jalapeno to already prepared Cranberry Sauce
- To double the recipe, add a second trivet and layer more meatballs. Make sure the 2 layers of meat do not sit directly on top of each other.
Keywords: pressure cooker, instant pot, meatballs, easy dinner