To make Fried Sage Leaves
- Heat 1/2 – 1 inch of olive oil or ghee in a skillet just until shimmering.
- Add sage leaves one at a time, don’t overlap. Fry until crisp, about 15 – 20 seconds, then use a fork to flip and crisp the other side.
- Remove and place on paper towels, sprinkle immediately with a pinch of salt. Repeat with more sage leaves, adding more oil or ghee if needed.
To make Cranberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Add 1 seeded and diced jalapeno to Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Sauce and cook as directed or add 1 seeded and diced jalapeno to already prepared Cranberry Sauce
- To double the recipe, add a second trivet and layer more meatballs. Make sure the 2 layers of meat do not sit directly on top of each other.