Whip up these Whole Grain Pancake Muffins in minutes for a healthy breakfast at home or on the go. Pack them in your kid's lunch boxes for an extra special mid-day meal surprise.
FINALLY! A whole grain pancake/waffle mix on the shelf at your everyday grocery store. I first saw Kodiak Cakes on Shark Tank and I've been a huge fan ever since. Kodiak Cakes is sponsoring this post and I am so excited to introduce you to an Instant Pot spin on their Flapjack and Waffle Mixes.
My kids went CRAZY over these pancake muffins! CA-RAY-Z! A pancake turned into a handheld spongy muffin? Their little minds were blown.
Just wait until they discover these bites in their lunch boxes with a small cup of Instant Pot Healthy – ish Chocolate Syrup. I'll be in the running for Best Mom Ever, for sure.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE INSTANT POT WHOLE GRAIN PANCAKE MUFFINS
- Kodiak Cakes has a huge variety of flavors and products in their Flapjack and Waffle Mix line, all of them sporting 100% whole grains and lots of protein. To name a few: Buttermilk, Dark Chocolate, Cinnamon Oat, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, and Pumpkin Flax
- Two ingredients: Kodiak Mix and water. That's it, you're done
- Cute Factor times 100
- I dip, you dip, we dip! Sweet Cashew Cream, Chocolate Syrup, Honey Syrup, or Triple Berry Chia Jam. I'm seeing major potential in the baby/bridal shower category here.
HOW TO MAKE AN EASY, HEALTHY BREAKFAST
- Dry mix + water; whisk
- Use an ice cream scoop to divide batter into your two silicone trays
- Place narrow canning lids on the bottom tray
- Stack top tray on top of the lids
- Cook em' up in the Instant Pot
- Cool a bit, dive in!
Did I mention they have several different flavors? I can't be stopped . . .
TIPS FOR MAKING KODIAK PANCAKE MUFFINS
- Amp up the protein even more by using milk instead of water or adding an egg. All of those directions are included on the box.
- Add blueberries, chopped apples, raisins . . . the options are endless! I'm looking at you Dark Chocolate. Walnut addition happening very soon!
- Make up several batches all at once and store in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for a month. Thirty seconds in the microwave and you'll be in business.
I am so excited for you all to give these a try! One of my favorite things about running this here blog is telling you about my favorite products, and Kodiak Cakes is a dream come true for this busy mama. They've made feeding my family whole grains so simple and I am very grateful for such a courageous movement.
FYI: My favorite flavor was the classic buttermilk, my husband's was the Cinamon Oat, and my kids unanimously voted for Dark Chocolate – surprise, surprise.
Tools/Ingredients used to make Instant Pot Whole Grain Pancake Muffins
- Instant Pot
- Kodiak Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- Popfex Silicone Trays
- Meal Prep Food Storage Containers (to take them on the go)
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!
Other Favorite Healthy Breakfasts
- Sweet Cashew Cream – Best dip ever for these Pancake Muffins!
- Beebo Bites AKA Oatmeal Power Bites
- Perfect Pressure Cooker Oats
- Banana Custard Steel Cut Oats
- Denver Style “Sous Vide” Eggs
Instant Pot Whole Grain Pancake Muffins
Fluffy Pancake bites that are dipable, packable, and freezeable. Eat them fresh or make them ahead of time for an easy breakfast or addition to a healthy packed lunch.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 14 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups Kodiak Flapjack and Waffle Mix (any flavor)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups water (amount of water will vary depending on which Kodiak mix you use. See box directions for amount)
- In a large bowl combine Kodiak Flapjack and Waffle Mix and water (per box directions).
- Generously spray the 2 silicone molds with non-stick spray. Using an ice cream scoop (that measures about 1/4 cup), divide all of the batter into the molds.
- Stack one of the filled molds on top of a trivet. Place 2 – 4 narrow mason jar lids on top followed by the second silicone mold.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooker pot and place the trivet and filled silicone molds inside.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes. When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Let the pancake bites cool if needed for handling. Using a butter knife or spoon, scrape around each pancake bite to release it, then turn them over on to a cooling rack or plate.
- Enjoy warm, as is, or with a side of syrup, jam, or honey for dipping. These are also perfect for on-the-go and lunch boxes.
- Store extras in the refrigerator. Delicious chilled or reheated. They freeze beautifully as well.
- Eat right after they're cooked for the fluffiest texture. They become more dense as they cool
- Pancake Muffins can be eaten hot or cold with butter or your favorite dip. Just think of what you typically like with your pancakes!
- To freeze: place in a freezer safe bag, squeeze the air out, then place in the freezer for 1 – 2 months.
- To pack in lunch boxes: Put muffin in lunch box frozen and it will thaw out by lunch, all while keeping the lunch box cold
- To reheat a frozen pancake muffin simply place it in the microwave for 30 seconds
Keywords: Instant Pot breakfast, pancakes, kids lunch box