Instant Pot Healthy Zuppa Toscana Soup
A healthier version of the famous sausage, potato, and kale soup. The flavor and creaminess is outstanding!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage – (I suggest using all Spicy, or half Spicy – half Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage)
- 1 medium sweet or yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size cubes
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 heaping cups or 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into large florets
- 3 cups chopped kale or spinach
- Optional for serving: extra salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, cooked and crumbled bacon
- Preheat the pressure cooker by selecting saute.
- When hot, add sausage and onions and cook for about 5 minutes to brown the sausage and soften the onions. Add garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Stir in potatoes, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Top with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower to the steamer basket.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Place cooked cauliflower and a ladle or two of broth into a high speed blender, blend until it’s a smooth puree.
- Pour puree back into the soup and stir.
- Press saute, add kale, and let the soup simmer for 2-3 minutes to soften the kale.
- Serve hot topped with crumbled bacon, if desired.
- Look for Italian Turkey Sausage in the meat department area. Look for the sausage in the casings that can be cut to allow the sausage to be squeezed out and into the pot. Do not get precooked sausage.
Keywords: instant pot recipe, zuppa toscana soup, healthy soup