Pressure Cooker AKA Instant Pot Crio Bru is a healthy, chocolaty drink that will make good days awesome and bad days all better (no promises! Just a personal point of view people!). If you've never had it before, prepare to have your world rocked!
This post is sponsored by Crio Bru, and I love them so much for it!
For those of you concerned that I haven't talked about Crio Bru for awhile (what's it been, a week!?), no need to worry, our relationship is still strong and only getting stronger as we tackle the waves of marriage, children, endless summer heat, and writing cookbooks with Cami-who is so demanding of my time! (I kid, I text her questions every 20 minutes).
To prove my undying love, I'm not only giving you my Basic Crio Bru recipe, but I'm also teaming up with Crio Bru to give some lucky person a super awesome Crio Bru package of goodies! What does that package of goodies include pray tell? Like, basically gold, but here's the details.
Giveaway is now over
Package of Crio Bru Ghana
Which is my go to flavor. I used to make it in a French press, but believe me when I say, the pressure cooker is the only way to brew dis' Bru. It brings out an entirely whole new level of richness!
Crio Bru's own Durci Chocolate
Which is award-winning, like no kidding, it's so good it actually has awards. You will never be happy with candy isle chocolate bars again after tasting this incredibly smooth, complex chocolate.
And heck, why not, here's our cookbook with my favorite Crio Bru recipes in it!
There may be some of you in a dizzy right now, that have no idea what Crio Bru is, but WANT IT NOW! I understand. Let me tell you a bit more about Crio Bru as you gaze upon this glistening cup of beauty.
Crio Bru is roasted and ground cocoa beans that can be brewed the same way coffee is, but is absolutely nothing like coffee. Crio Bru contains little to no caffeine so you will not experience jittery side effects and sleeplessness. What it does contain is theobromine which works with your body to provide a gentle boost that won’t lead to a crash later in the day.
Crio Bru is also free of gluten, dairy, cholesterol, soy, sodium and sugar. On the Crio Bru website you can read about other benefits such as immune system support, weight loss, and much more!
But most importantly to me, Crio Bru is chocolate in its purest form and is absolutely delicious. When I decided to take a course a few years ago called Go Sugar Free, Crio Bru is what got me through. I drink it unsweetened with almond milk and my kids drink it with just a touch of maple syrup.
I've been asked several times for my basic Crio Bru recipe, so here it is! If you want to play with different flavors here's Peppermint, Pumpkin Spice, Golden Crio Bru, Coconut Orange, and even a Frosty version.
To enter this giveaway just leave a comment below telling me your favorite chocolate flavor combinations. I'm looking for some new potential Crio Bru flavors here! I CAN'T WAIT FOR YOUR IDEAS! Your reward will be more chocolate. What more could you ever want? I will announce the winner September 21st.
Giveaway is now over
It's therapy to my soul, piping hot with a Frozen Dollop of Cream
or news flash, it's also amazing ice-cold. Healthy, icy cold, chocolate drink. Seriously.
Before I go, as I promised my daughter, I'm posting her very carefully thought out display for her cup of Crio. I can't even handle it!
Peacock and all, this girl rocks. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Basic Crio Bru Recipe
Instant Pot Crio Bru is a healthy, piping hot cup of chocolate heaven. So many possible flavor combos, but here's the basic recipe to start with.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup Crio Bru (any variety)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (can substitute with any milk)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (optional)
- Add Crio Bru, water, milk, and maple syrup (if using) to the pressure cooker pot. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour Crio Bru through the sieve to filter out the grounds. Be careful! The Crio Bru will be VERY hot.
- Serve immediately with a Frozen Whipped Cream Dollop or pour into 2 quart size Mason jars, top with a pourable lid, and store in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy cold or pour into a microwave safe mug and warm for 1-2 minutes.
- If using cows milk, foaming may occur when releasing the pressure. Simply flip the knob back to a sealed position and wait for a few extra minutes.
- To sweeten, I suggest pure maple syurp. Agave and white sugar are good alternatives.
- For a darker flavor, pressure cook for ten minutes.
- Strain through a FINE MESH strainer to collect all of the grounds.
- Nutrition facts do not include maple syrup
Keywords: hot chocolate, crio bru, hot drink, coffee