Instant Pot Basic Crio Bru Recipe
Instant Pot Crio Bru is a healthy, piping hot cup of chocolate heaven. So many possible flavor combos, but here’s the basic recipe to start with.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- ½ cup Crio Bru (any variety)
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (can substitute with any milk)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (optional)
- Add Crio Bru, water, milk, and maple syrup (if using) to the pressure cooker pot. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour Crio Bru through the sieve to filter out the grounds. Be careful! The Crio Bru will be VERY hot.
- Serve immediately with a Frozen Whipped Cream Dollop or pour into 2 quart size Mason jars, top with a pourable lid, and store in the refrigerator.
- Enjoy cold or pour into a microwave safe mug and warm for 1-2 minutes.
- Cow’s milk will foam more than almond and coconut milk. If using cow’s milk, I suggest adding it after the Crio Bru has been cooked and strained.
- To sweeten, I suggest pure maple syurp. Agave and white sugar are good alternatives.
- For a less intense flavor, pressure cook for five minutes.
- Strain through a FINE MESH strainer to collect all of the grounds.
- Nutrition facts do not include maple syrup
Keywords: hot chocolate, crio bru, hot drink, coffee