Pressure Cooker Brown Rice
Pressure Cooker (aka Instant Pot) brown rice is a quick and easy side to any meal. Perfectly soft and tender rice and completely hands off!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups brown rice (I like basmati brown rice or short grain brown rice)
- 2 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add rice, chicken broth, and salt to the pressure cooker pot and stir. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 24 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.
- Freeze any extra rice in resealable freezer bags. I love having it on hand for quick rice bowl dinners and fried rice.
Keywords: rice, brown rice, healthy side dish