Pressure Cooker Brown Rice
Pressure Cooker (aka Instant Pot) Brown Rice is a quick and easy side to any meal. Perfectly soft and tender rice and completely hands off!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups brown rice (any variety)
- 2 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add rice, chicken broth, and salt to the pressure cooker pot and stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 24 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a full natural release, or if in a hurry, release pressure after it rests for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Serve immediately.
- Freeze any extra rice in resealable freezer bags. I love having it on hand for quick rice bowl dinners and fried rice
- Cook rice in broth for extra flavor
- Rinse rice for a more separated grain, DO NOT rinse for a stickier rice
Keywords: rice, brown rice, healthy side dish