Pressure Cooker Infused Honey Syrup is going to take everything from pancakes to ice cream to a whole new level. So many flavor possibilities, what will you make next?
Have you ever paid double for flavored honey? Yeah, me too.
Have you ever noticed that flavored honey is artificially flavored? Kind of a bummer.
Have you ever looked at your pressure cooker with a completely bizarre idea and thought, “Hmm, I wonder if it could work.” 🙋 Yep, dats me.
But guess what!? Sometimes those crazy ideas do work and they are spectacular! Meet my latest creation: Honey Syrup.
This flavored Honey Syrup is a nod to this Infused Honey recipe but it is more intense in both color and flavor. With a ton of experimenting I discovered that frozen and fresh ingredients impart much more flavor than dried. Of course that means that it isn’t quite as shelf stable, so instead, I store it in the fridge.
Another delightful surprise was that when I used a 50/50 ratio of fruit to honey, it turned it into the most amazing pourable, natural syrup! You can spend A TON of money on flavored honey and syrup at the store. With this method, instead you can buy a bulk size container of honey and flavor it to your hearts content.
I see this being absolutely stunning at dinner parties next to bread, rolls, or Charcuterie Boards. Or put a bow around it and give it as a unique, beautiful gift with some homemade pancake/waffle mix. By the way, best whole grain pancake/waffle mix ever ever right there!
You can’t go wrong with these three flavors:
Mint Honey (Sweet with the most amazing cooling affect)
Blueberry Lemon Honey (Perfect sweet/tart combo)
or my personal favorite, Raspberry Vanilla Honey (look at those pretty black speckles!)
But the sky is the limit! Let your imagination go wild and create a breakfast/brunch/tea party that will be remembered for a long, long time!
Tools used to make Pressure Cooker Infused Honey Syrup
Instant Pot orPrint
Pressure Cooker Infused Honey Syrup
The sky is the limit with these Honey Syrup combinations and they taste amazing on everything from pancakes to ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: Less than 1 hour
- Yield: 1/2 - 3/4 cup syrup
- Category: Toppings
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Raspberry Vanilla Honey
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 vanilla bean, slit down the middle and cut in half (may substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint
- 1/2 cup honey
Blueberry Lemon Honey
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place ingredients from one of the above flavor combinations inside a pint size mason jar. Stack 2 round coffee filters together and trim so it hangs over the jar about an inch (this will keep excess moisture out of the honey). Place filters on top of the opening of the jar and screw a ring on tightly (just the ring, no flat needed).
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Place jar on the trivet. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release.
- Carefully remove the mason jar (the honey will be HOT!). Using hot pads or a rag, remove the lid and vigorously stir the honey to infuse maximum flavor. Pour honey through a small, fine mesh sieve placed over a half pint size mason jar. Discard add ins.
- Store in the refrigerator in a mason jar with a pourable lid for easy pouring. If honey syrup becomes too thick in the fridge, place the jar inside a bowl of hot water to warm it up and make it pourable.
- Since this Infused Honey Syrup is made using fresh or frozen ingredients, I prefer to store it in the refrigerator. If it becomes too thick in the refrigerator, place the jar inside a hot bowl of water or microwave for 20-30 seconds until it is easily pourable.
- Great for gifts! The colors are beautiful and you can customize it with a variety of different flavors.
- I feel like frozen fruit imparts more flavor to the honey, but feel free to play around with fresh ingredients as well.