Pressure Cooker Lemon Extract
Pressure Cooker Lemon Extract is bright, powerful, and will make your house smell squeaky clean.
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: Extract
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Zest of 3 medium size lemons (try not to get any white pith)
- About 1 cup Vodka (I like red label Smirnoff Vodka 80 proof)
- Place the lemon zest in a pint size Mason jar and add vodka, leaving 1 ½-2 inches of headspace. Top with a canning lid and ring and barely tighten.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Put the Mason jar on the trivet. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 30 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release.
- Carefully remove the Mason jar, swirl it lightly, and place on a cooling rack overnight.
- Once cooled, top with a pourable lid and use in all your favorite recipes that call for lemon extract or lemon juice.
- Caution: Never make Extract in a stovetop pressure cooker or near an open flame. My recipes are written for electric pressure cookers only. Always use a Natural Release, never a quick release.
- Alcohol smell may be strong at first but will diminish over a week or two. If still overpowering at that point, return it to the pressure cooker for another 30 minutes.
- The pressure cooker will fit up to three jars at a time, so feel free to double or triple the recipe.
Keywords: instant pot lemon extract, homemade extract