Homemade Pumpkin Puree in the Instant Pot
Pumpkin Puree can be whipped up in your kitchen with exactly 5 seconds of prep. All thanks to our favorite kitchen appliance, the Pressure Cooker AKA Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: About 2 cups 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pie pumpkin (AKA sugar pumpkin)
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker pot. Place a low rise trivet inside and place pumpkin on top.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Let pumpkin cool slightly. Peel with a knife or by hand. Cut pumpkin in half and remove the seeds.
- Mash pumpkin with a fork until smooth. Can also put into a blender to get it really smooth.
- Use immediately, refrigerate, or freeze.
- Add 1 cup of puree to a quart size, freezer safe, ziplock bag. Press the air out, then seal it shut. Smooth the puree out so it can lay flat in the freezer.
Keywords: homemade pumpkin puree, fall recipes, easy recipe