Start your day off strong with Pressure Cooker AKA Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oats. A bowl of this is packed with chia seeds, fiber, and protein, and topped off with the most heavenly Pressure Cooker Chocolate Syrup.
These Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oats are a mama’s breakfast lovin’ dream! Anytime I can start my families day off with protein, fiber, AND a vegetable, I just feel like I’ve basically killed that day before even getting out of my yoga pants (Nevermind the fact that I’m usually still in those yoga pants come bed time, minor detail).
And that Chocolate Syrup! Have you tired this yet? I’m gonna go ahead and call it healthy, because when compared to maple syrup right from the jug, it absolutely is healthier, and STRAIGHT UP AMAZING!
Guess which mom rocks the house when she lets her kids put chocolate syrup on their breakfast? Dis’ Mom!
While we’re on the topic of toppings, what about those Frozen Whipped Cream Dollops! If you have not made these yet, you have not lived. They are incredible in Crio Bru and Mason Jar Steel Cut Oats and I have a giant supply of them in my freezer at all times. They are irresistibly cute and cool down burnin’ hot breakfasts while adding a luscious, creamy sweet touch. Make them!
Cami and I have taught a couple pressure cooker classes this past month and these oats stole the show both times. They were up against this Mac and Cheese and the Sweet Corn Risotto from our cookbook Master the Electric Pressure Cooker, and they still took first place. I believe I heard the words “Life changing” several times. Dramatic? Perhaps. But totally warranted. They are that good!
If you’re in the mood for more delicious pumpkin spice foods, start by making your own pumpkin puree, then try out this Pumpkin Spice Crio Bru and this Pumpkin Cranberry Breakfast Cake. Yum, Yum, Yummy!
Pressure Cooker Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oats with Chocolate Syrup Drizzle
Healthy, whole grain, and perfect protein packed way to start your day. Pressure Cooker AKA Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oats with a dreamy drizzle of Pressure Cooker Chocolate Syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (homemade recipe here)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Add oats, water, pumpkin puree, syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the pressure cooker pot and stir. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes (can also use a full natural release if not in a hurry). If liquid sprays through the valve, turn back to the sealed position and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chia seeds over the top and stir in quickly so they don’t clump together. Place the lid back on for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to swell and absorb some of the excess liquid.
- Serve hot with a Frozen Whipped Cream Dollop, a drizzle of Pressure Cooker Chocolate Syrup, and a sprinkle of chopped pecans.
Reheats and freezes beautifully!
Keywords: steel cut oats, oatmeal, pumpkin spice
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!