A bowl of Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oats will keep you satisfied and energized for hours! It’s packed with chia seeds, fiber, and protein, and topped off with the most heavenly Healthy Chocolate Syrup.
This pumpkin version of steel cut oats is a mama’s breakfast lovin’ dream! Anytime I can start my families day with protein, fiber, AND a vegetable, I feel like I’ve killed it before I’ve even gotten out of my yoga pants . . . who am I kidding, I never get out of yoga pants. Anyone else?
WHY YOU WILL LOVE PUMPKIN SPICE STEEL CUT OATS
- Pumpkin Spice (#128155#)Everything (#128155#)Forever (#128155#)
- Chocolate Syrup! Have you tried this yet? You must! Plus, guess which mom rocks the house when she lets her kids put chocolate syrup on their breakfast? Dis’ Mom!
- Frozen Whipped Cream Dollops melted into the center of a piping hot bowl of oats (or Crio, yum!). My freezer is never lacking in these “lil’ whips”
- This bowl has enough protein and fiber to keep your kids (and you) energized for hours
HOW TO MAKE THE EASIEST, CREAMIEST STEEL CUT OATS
- Add the oats, spices, syrup, and pumpkin puree (homemade puree if you have it), and start your pressure cooker
- When it’s done it will look runny. Don’t worry! Add your chia seeds and let it rest
- After a few minutes, the chia seeds will absorb the extra moisture and the oats will be perfectly creamy and thick
INSTANT POT STEEL CUT OATS
I fell in love with my Instant Pot after it made me a glorious batch of Homemade Yogurt. Steel cut oats came along and sealed the deal. You will never get oats this creamy on the stovetop or in the microwave. I love it so much I wrote an entire post about How to Cook a Variety of Oats in the Pressure Cooker. The post has a handy chart for you to print off and everything! Be sure and check it out.
Get these oats on your menu this week! This recipe wins “most requested recipe” at every pressure cooking class I’ve ever taught, as well as “most requested breakfast” in my own home. It’s a shining star for sure!
MORE ROCKSTAR PUMPKIN RECIPES
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED TO MAKE INSTANT POT PUMPKIN SPICE STEEL CUT OATS
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!Print
Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oats with Chocolate Syrup Drizzle
Healthy, whole grain, protein-packed way to start your day. Instant Pot Pumpkin Spice Steel Cut Oats with a dreamy drizzle of Chocolate Syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (homemade recipe here)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Add oats, water, pumpkin puree, syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and salt to the pressure cooker pot and stir. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position.
- Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes (can also use a full natural release if not in a hurry). If liquid sprays through the valve, turn back to the sealed position and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chia seeds over the top and stir in quickly so they don’t clump together.
- Place the lid back on for 10 minutes to allow the chia seeds to swell and absorb some of the excess liquid.
- Serve hot with a Frozen Whipped Cream Dollop, a drizzle of Healthy Chocolate Syrup, and a sprinkle of chopped pecans.
- Leftover oats can be refrigerated for 3 – 5 days
- For longer storage, use an ice cream scoop to portion chilled oats onto a sheet pan. Freeze until solid, then place in a freezer safe zip lock bag. Thaw overnight in the fridge or in a microwave with a splash of milk to make it creamy again
Keywords: steel cut oats, oatmeal, pumpkin spice, instant pot
*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you!