Instant Pot Ricotta Cheese
Instant Pot Ricotta Cheese is quick, easy and so creamy delicious. You’ll also save money by making this at home.
- Author: tidbits-marci.com
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cups 1x
- Category: Cheese
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- ½ gallon whole milk
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- Combine the milk and salt in the pot of the Pressure Cooker. Put the lid in place and set valve to seal position. Press the yogurt feature and press adjust until it says boil.
- When the Instant Pot beeps, remove the lid (it won’t have built up any pressure), give the milk a stir and then use a thermometer to check the temperature. Press saute and warm the milk to 190 degrees, stirring often.
- When the milk reaches 190 degrees, unplug the pressure cooker and add the lemon juice. Give it a very gentle stir. The milk will start to separate immediately.
- Let the pot of milk sit undisturbed for 10 minutes. The milk will separate into white, milky curds and watery, yellow colored whey.
- Without stirring it, pour the curds in either a colander lined with a double layer of cheesecloth, a nut milk bag, or a handy yogurt strainer.
- Let the ricotta drain for 10-60 minutes depending on how thick you want it. If it becomes too thick, you can stir some of the whey back into the ricotta.
- Scrape the ricotta into a bowl. It can be used right away or stored in an airtight container for up to a week.
Keywords: ricotta, homemade cheese, cheese