While the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is great all on its own, the right accessories are going to make it truly a “do almost everything” kind of appliance. Here is a deep dive into all of my favorite, must-have accessories that will turn you into a pressure cooking pro!
I have a serious love for kitchen appliances and accessories. I've bought, tested, returned, bought some more, tested, etc many, many versions of all the products I've listed below. I like to consider it my duty to you all and not just a frivolous impulse that I need to learn to control.
I'm covering 4 categories today
(click the links to skip to each section)
- Best Electric Pressure Cooker – my favorites after using many over the past several years
- Best Accessories for the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker – all the products that I use directly with or inside the pot
- Favorite Appliances/Accessories that I use in conjunction with the Instant Pot – these aren't items I use directly in the pot, but I consider them perfect partners to pressure cooking
- Accessories I don't suggest purchasing – these are the ones that sit in my basement collecting dust
BEST ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER
I've tried several brands, but time and again these are the three I go to first:
1) Instant Pot DUO 60 6 quart: Quite possibly the most common electric pressure cooker you will see in anyone's home. It has all the necessary pressure cook, saute, keep warm, etc buttons we all want, but especially important is that this is the model with the yogurt function. That's essential in my opinion. The newer Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus is my favorite Instant Pot of all time with its button/dial feature and handles.
2) Instant Pot DUO 80 8 quart: Same great features as the 6 quart, just larger. This comes in handy with large pieces of meat, soup, beans, etc. I LOVE having an 8 quart on hand!
3) Instant Pot Smart WiFi 6 quart: This is the latest to join my IP family and I am in love with it! Right from your phone you can start and stop the IP, adjust the time, change the pressure level, etc. Once you press start on your phone, you can monitor the cooking of your food from anywhere. It will tell you how close it is to reaching pressure, when it's finished, how long it's been resting, etc. This has come in handy when I've been running errands or am next door at my mom's. The Instant Pot phone app also comes with hundreds of recipes preprogrammed so all you have to do is hit start within the recipe. It's so fun and would be a great gift for the techy Instant Pot lover in your life.
BEST ACCESSORIES FOR THE INSTANT POT PRESSURE COOKER
Best Cake Pan for the Instant Pot
1) I love this Fat Daddio Cake Pan! It's sturdy, good quality, and works great for cakes, bread, and pot in pot rice.
2) This Bundt Pan fits perfectly in a 6 quart pot. I use it often for Breakfast Cake, Zucchini Bread, and more!
3) Another perfect fit in a 6 quart pot is this Corningware Dish. I use this most often for “Baked” Oatmeal and Cornbread.
Best Springform Pans for Instant Pot
1) This 7 inch Nordicware Springform pan has been used countless times and is still in great shape. This is a must have in my opinion for making cheesecakes and other desserts.
2) A taller ring makes this Patisse Springform Pan perfect for taller cheesecakes like this White Chocolate Cheesecake. No fear of overflow with this pan!
Best Push Pan for the Instant Pot
1) Some people prefer a push pan over a springform pan and this one is AMAZING! It's an 8-inch Push Pan that fits perfectly inside a 6 quart pot (which is hard to find), and the silicone seal around the base makes it 100% leak proof. Such a good quality push pan compared to others I've used.
1) These 6 ounce ramekins have been used countless times in my home for lava cake, creme brulee, and other fun desserts. They are more narrow making it possible to easily fit 3 on a rack.
Best Instant Pot Trivets
1) These Taller Trivets make it easier to stack food in the pressure cooker as with this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potato. They don't cost much and come in handy very often.
2) This Short Trivet is a must, especially when using mason jars like with Steel Cut Oats or Vanilla Extract. It's the perfect fit! This short trivet comes with most Instant Pot Pressure Cookers.
Best Steamer Baskets for the Instant Pot
1) I use this Collapsible Steamer Basket often for things like Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggies. This is another item I consider to be a MUST HAVE.
2) Another fan favorite is this Deep Steamer Basket. It's also great for veggies, plus Hard Boiled Eggs, and Infused Water.
Best Silicone Egg Bite Molds for the Instant Pot
1) I would be lost without my Silicone Egg Bite Mold. I use it regularly for Beebo Bites, Egg Bites, and Mini Breakfast Cakes. Yet another MUST HAVE in my opinion.
Best Instant Pot Sling for Easy Removal
1) This Silicone Sling does it all. I love how sturdy it is and the fact that when the handles are snapped together, it doesn't fall into the food. This sling was very well designed!
Best Tool for Removing the Pot or Hot Pans
1) My iron fingers don't need much, but these Silicone Mitts make grabbing the pot or pan inside the pot very easy and pain free.
2) Another smart accessory for safely removing hot pots and pans are these Retriever Tongs. You'll be surprised how often you reach for these!
Best Fine Mesh Strainer
1) This Fine Mesh Strainer is perfect for straining small foods like Crio Bru grounds or rinsing small objects like quinoa. I use it quite often!
Best Silicone Rings
1) To prevent savory smells from ruining your sweet dishes, Extra Silicone Rings are absolutely essential. This pack comes in different colors so you can remember which is savory and which is sweet. Also available in 3 quart and 8 quart size.
1) The best partner to your Electric Pressure Cooker is a great cookbook and I personally feel the TIDBITS book, Master the Electric Pressure Cooker, is a treasure trove. I cook out of it regularly and have yet to tire of the recipes.
2) For the dessert lovers out there, Instantly Sweet is a great addition for you! Cheesecake, Lava Cake, Pie, Pudding, and so much more!
3) My friend Barbara was one of the first to show the world how to use the Instant Pot and her cookbook contains many easy, delicious recipes.
FAVORITE ACCESSORIES I USE WHEN PRESSURE COOKING
Best Air Fryer/Broiler Attachment
1) This fancy lid is called a Mealthy Crisplid and turns your pressure cooker into an Air Fryer/Broiler. This is a fantastic idea and I am 100% in love with this accessory!
Best Meat Chopper
1) This Meat Chopper is one very handy dandy tool whenever working with ground meat like in this taco recipe. I've tried a few others and this brand is my favorite.
Best Mixing Spoon
1) I adore these Mixing Spoons! I love the long handle, the silicone spoon, and all of the different colors. They still look like new after several years of using them almost daily.
Best Pasta Strainer
1) Forget bulky colanders, this Pasta Strainer clips right onto the pot to drain Instant Pot Cooked Pasta, vegetables, etc. Using it keeps your hands away from the hot liquid, plus it's easy to clean and easily fits in a drawer.
Best Yogurt Strainers
1) This Eurocuisine Yogurt Strainer is an absolute must have for making yogurt in the Instant Pot. It does an amazing job of straining excess whey so you can have thick, luxurious yogurt with a lot more ease.
2) The Nut Milk Bag is another option for straining yogurt. It's not quite as convenient as the Eurocuisine Strainer, but it's a lot cheaper and is what I used for a couple of years. It's also great for making you own Instant Pot Almond Milk.
Best Mason Jar Accessories
1) I use Mason Jars often with the Instant Pot for things like Vanilla Extract, Steel Cut Oats, and Breakfast Casserole. Always make sure you are using jars that are meant for pressure cooking!
2) A Mason Jar Jacket will keep your food warm and allow you to hold onto the hot jar while you eat from it. This is very important if you take your food on the go.
3) I love these Pourable Lids for the Mason Jar because I can easily store and pour my Vanilla Extract and Crio Bru. I've tried a lot of lids over the years and these are my favorite so far. They pour well, don't leak, and wash up great in the dishwasher.
FAVORITE APPLIANCES TO USE WITH THE INSTANT POT
Best Immersion Blenders
1) The Cuisinart Immersion Blender is a popular brand that I've seen many people recommend. I haven't personally tried it, but my sister in law loves this one.
2) The Mealthy Immersion Hand Blender is officially my new favorite. It makes such smooth purees, crushes through ice, and comes with some handy accessories for more convenient blending, mixing, and chopping. It's a great price for a quality hand blender.
Best High Speed Blenders
1) I didn't know what I was missing until I got this Vitamix Blender. This thing is a BEAST! I've never had a single issue with it overheating. Time and time again it pulverizes and smooths anything I put in it like Squacho Cheese Sauce, Cashew Fruit Dip, and Fruit Soup. This is an appliance worth the investment!
2) The Instant Pot Blender isn't quite as fierce as the Blendtec, but for $100 this blender is seriously impressive. Bonus: it has a heating element so you can even make and heat soups in it. If you're not quite ready to throw down on the Blendtec Beast, this one is a great alternative.
Best Food Processors
1) This is another appliance that I've tested and tried several brands of, and I am in LOVE with this Magimix Food Processor. It is the BEAST of food processors. It comes with three bowls (that nest together for easy storage), different shapes and sizes of blades/shredders, and even a handy case to store it all. My favorite feature is the bowl insert that scrapes and pushes food down as the food blends. This is the only brand I've seen with this feature. I use it often for making cheesecakes (see the food processor version for this White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake) biscuits, sauces (Romesco Sauce!), Pie Crust, and more.
Best Food Thermometer
1) This Chef Alarm Food Thermometer can't be found on Amazon, but in my opinion, it is the BEST BEST VERY BEST thermometer for meat, yogurt, mozzarella, cheesecakes, etc. You can set both a high and low temperature alarm which is so nice for yogurt making. It's fast, accurate, and clips right onto the pot. I seriously can't say enough good things about this one. I've had it nearly 10 years and it's never skipped a beat.
ACCESSORIES YOU DON'T NEED FOR THE INSTANT POT
- Bamboo Steamer: didn't hold up well and there are other products that are better for steaming (see above).
- Grifiti Bands: These worked okay but ultimately weren't sturdy enough. I gave them to my kids and they've found lots of fun ways to play with them.
- Fat Daddio's Push Pan: I bought this because it was really popular, but the bottom doesn't seal so it would leak which was really frustrating. I much prefer the push pan I recommended above.
- Instant Pot Lid: I do think a lid comes in handy, but there is a good chance you already have one that fits. Check before you buy one!
- Extra Instant Pot Liner: Okay, actually this is nice to have if you only have one pressure cooker, but let's be real, once you fall in love with pressure cooking, you're gonna end up buying a second Instant Pot so save up for that instead
There you have it! Consider this a bit of a snapshot of my kitchen AKA my Happy Place. If you have any questions about any other items I use, leave me a question in the comments or check out my Shop Page for more of my favorite products.
And now it's your turn! Did I miss one of your favorites? Do you have an appliance or accessory that I need in my Instant Pot loving home? Let me know in the comments below!
MORE GIFT GUIDES + IDEAS POSTS
- Gift Guide to Instant Pot Lover
- More of my Favorite Pressure Cooker Accessories
- Instant Pot Freezer Meal Gift Ideas (free printable too!)
- Gift Guide: Pressure Cooker Steel Cut Oats in a Jar
- Gift Guide: Elderberry Juice Juice in a Jar
OUR TOP INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- Easy Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
- 70 Healthy (and Delicious!) Instant Pot Recipes
- 25+ Best Instant Pot Christmas Recipes
Hi, Marci. I’m an a instant pot newbie, still learning with my 6 qt model. I would like to purchase the smaller 3qt model to use in our RV but all the recipes I find specify the 6qt model. Obviously food amounts will need to be reduced, but can I expect cooking times to be the same? Any insights for me on that?
Joan, this is the perfect link for you https://jenuinehome.com/best-instant-pot-mini-3qt-accessories/
I skipped getting the top of the IP that lets air frying go on. For me, I got the IP Omni oven/fryer so I can fry and use the IP for the side dishes at the same time. Now, I did manage to get the small, 3 quart IP so I can use the 6 quart one when I’m doing a meat dish in it and the veggies or potatoes in the little one. Usually when I talk about meat dish it is ribs arranged in a ring on top of a short trivet that has a sprig of sage in it and the meat is seasoned with salt. The meat is followed with time in a broiler and a coating of BBQ sauce. I hope everyone understands the need of all these IP things.
That app that you recommend has a very bad reviews apparently the old one was good but the new version is not Just to let you know
Jean, are you talking about the IP app? I’ll look into it, thanks for the heads up!
Any thoughts and/or experience with the Ninja Foodi?
Cindy, I’ve never owned this one, sorry! I’m not much help there!
Thanks, Marci, this list is super handy, especially now that I’ve been on Amazon all morning! Can you please put together a list for the air fryer?
Melanie, Do mean, what’s my favorite air fryer? This is the one I have https://amzn.to/2lDk0x1
Hi Marci! I mean accessories for the air fryer, similar to those you have suggested for the Instant Pot. Unless they are interchangeable? Thank you!
Melanie, I use my instant pot racks in the air fryer when I need to, but otherwise, I’ve never bought any accessories specific to the air fryer.
I am seriously in love with my silicone sling! I generally make rice and other grains pot-in-pot with Pyrex or Corning ware, as well as heating frozen leftovers and other stuff that way. And making PC “baked” goods in cake pans. That sling makes all that so much easier!
Wyn, I agree, such a smart invention!
Loved this post! So many goodies that you have tried and I will like!!
Kathie, Thank you! I’m glad you could find some new goodies 🙂
Thank you for this list. I have almost everything on it. I ordered the Magamix 4200 food processor. It’s out of stock and sounds like it will be 30 days before it’s sent. My name is on the list and will be received in the order I ordered it. I’ve done a lot of research on food processors lately and even ordered a different brand and sent it back. I’m anxious for this one to arrive.
I’m getting together with my sisters for a week in May. I’m the designated cook since I’m always sending pics of your recipes that I’ve made. My 2 Instant Pots are going too. It’s fun to cook again. Thank you.
Barb, I’m pretty picky with food processors, I’ve been through at least four. If I’m gonna pay for an appliance like that, it better perform! The fact that you’re sending food pictures to your sisters about makes me cry! That’s what good food is all about, right-Uniting loved ones! I hope you guys have an absolute blast!
Thank you! This will be very handy to have.
Cecilia, great for gifts too 🙂