GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. SEE WINNER BELOW.
This giveaway has been months in the making and thanks to so many incredibly generous companies, I am finally able to announce 2018's:
AAAAAAH!!!! I'm so excited! Just wait until you see what's included in this giveaway!
I have been so fortunate to work with some of my favorite brands this past year. They have been so generous and supportive of my business and I love having the chance to share with you the products I use on a weekly, sometimes daily, basis.
Like I did in last year's Ultimate TIDBITS Christmas Giveaway, I'm also including a quick and easy way for you to give back to a place that played a big role in shaping me as a nurse and mother: Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City.
This was my first job as an official Registered Nurse and I loved it more than I can say. I so often got the question, “How can you work there? It must be so sad.”
Yes, there were sad, hard moments, but what I got to witness on a daily basis was courage, perseverance, and happiness from kids who had one goal in mind: to get back to a healthy and joy filled life as fast as possible.
These kiddos inspired me and their faces and stories live on in my memory.
Donating to this cause is a not a requirement to enter this amazing giveaway, so no pressure! I won't be checking, I don't even have access to any information regarding the donation. But if you're able, head over to Primary Children's donation page and show some support to this amazing hospital. Thank you!
On to the giveaway!
There will be one winner of all 27 prizes. To enter, see the giveaway box at the bottom of this post. You will have until 12/17/18 at midnight to enter. There is a value of over $2000 here! That's gonna give someone a very Merry Christmas! See below for the details on how to enter.
Let me tell you all about the prizes up for grabs here.
1) Instant Pot Ultra 10 in 1 Multi-use Programmable Pressure Cooker: I love all of my Instant Pots, but this Ultra 10 in 1 comes with some awesome features. It pressure cooks, slow cooks, makes yogurt, sautes, steams, warms, and sterilizes. The steam release button also resets itself automatically so you won't ever forget to turn the pressure release knob to sealed! Not that I've ever done that before . . . at least not more than once a week. The screen and central spin dial make it that much more unique. I love this pot!
2) Magimix Black Food Processor 3200 XL : A good food processor is a must for the kitchen. It makes time consuming tasks ridiculously easy and fast. This Magimix brand is to die for! It contains three bowls, which is a genius idea for when A: One bowl is dirty and B: When you have a small batch of something to blend. This processor also comes with a knife blade, dough blade, blendermix (for making extra smooth sauces and smoothies) egg whisk (easy meringue!), slicing discs, and grating discs (best way to shred cheese ever!). I dare say this will earn a spot right on your countertop.
3) Bob's Red Mill Set of Baking Flours and $50 gift card: I've worked a lot with Bob's Red Mill this past year. Beebo Bites, Squacho Cheese Sauce, Instant Pot Popcorn, and so much more. I love their products and I keep my storage room well stocked with many of them. If you live a Gluten Free lifestyle, they are one of the few brands with certified GF oats.
4) Master the Electric Pressure Cooker: My sister Cami and I created this book together and my life has never been the same since. I made the food, hauled it to her house, and she would shoot it and enjoy dinner on me. I still cook from it weekly, it holds many of my most favorite Instant Pot recipes. Mostly whole grain, wholesome food, with a few decadent, over the top desserts. If you like digital books we have an ebook version of Master the Electric Pressure Cooker as well. From now until Christmas we are knocking the price down to $10. Get it while it's hot! You can even email it to someone as a gift.
5) Instantly Sweet: I had the opportunity of writing another book with the women who basically taught me how to pressure cook, Barbara from Pressure Cooking Today. It was such an honor to be included in this project with her and my family will tell you that taste testing for this book was better than Christmas. Read more about the book in my blog post, Confessions of a Sugar-Free Dessert Queen.
6) The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Barbara also wrote a book all about pressure cooking and I know that it is a prize in many of your homes. Barbara's cook times are spot on and this book delivers time and time again.
7) Beanilla Homemade Vanilla Extract Kit: I've been making Instant Pot Vanilla Extract for 3 years now and have used at least 6 different vendors for vanilla beans. I can confidently say that Beanilla's are THE BEST and the only beans I buy anymore. When you can open a bag of vanilla beans and the smell fills the entire room, you know they're good.
8) CUTCO 2 piece Gift Set Santoku Knives: My mom bought me a set of these when I graduated from High School and I am so glad she did! Lifetime warranty on these babies which means I'm set for life with the best set of knives I've ever used. I do not have this Santoku knife however, and to be honest, I'm drooling.
9) Sir Kensington's Set of 5 Condiments: I never knew I could love condiments so much! Once you use Sir Kensington's line of Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, Ranch, etc, you will never go back. Their flavors are dynamite and they are regularly coming out with new products which excites me more than new shoes. Try their Buffalo Ranch ASAP. And their Chipotle Mayo. And their Avocado Oil Mayo. And….just try them all, kay?
10) Crio Bru Peppermint Crio Bru, Pumpkin Crio Bru, Durci Chocolate: Possibly the longest standing product to grace my kitchen. Crio Bru is ground cocoa beans and I drink a cup of this daily. It's like a big, warm, comforting hug every time. Does that sound strange? Once you try it you'll understand! Not only can you win their two popular seasonal flavors, they're throwing in their award winning chocolate bar too. Prepare to be floored. Check out Instant Pot Crio Bru to see how easy it is to make.
11) Crispy Green Variety Fruit Pack: I love Crispy Green more than I can express through a keyboard! They are the greatest people to work with and they have made my kids so proud to open their lunch boxes to reveal real, freeze dried, “fruit snacks” and a side of Instant Pot Fruit Dip. I adore any company that makes wholesome eating easy, convenient, and desirable to kids and these guys have nailed it!
12) Kodiak Cakes Pancake/Waffle Mixes: Another company that I adore that makes whole grain eating as easy as “just add water.” These Instant Pot Pancake Bites have been so popular and I owe it all to Kodiak for making whole grains taste amazing all while being so very convenient. They have so many different flavors too. I could make them every day of the week and my kids would never get bored!
13) Lindt 2 bags Lindor Chocolate Truffles and 2 bags Lindor Peppermint Cookie Truffles: Now is a great time to confess I have 4 squares of Lindt 90% chocolate every day like my life depends on it. Chocolate is supposed to be melty smooth and taste like true, intense chocolate. I literally have not bought any other brand but Lindt for myself in YEARS. Use the seasonal peppermint truffles to make this White Chocolate Peppermint Lava Cake. My kids will do any chore I ask for this cake.
14) Redmond Real Salt 10 oz salt shaker, 8 oz seasoning salt, 8 oz garlic salt, 8 oz onion salt, 10 oz kosher salt, new garlic pepper seasoning grinder, new lemon pepper seasoning grinder: Do you even know how good salt can taste?! I grew up on Real Salt and I'll declare from the rooftops that it is the King of Salt. Their new Garlic Pepper and Lemon Pepper grinders would make great Christmas gifts!
15) Litehouse Variety Pack of Herbs and Spices: I waxed poetic about Litehouse's Guacamole Mix in the Instant Pot Mexican Crack Chicken recipe and I honestly use it weekly to get my fresh guac fix. Their freeze dried herbs and spices are so fragrant and flavorful. It's a dream trick for faster cooking.
16) Popfex Silicone Trays Two Trays: If you've been around my blog long, you know I love these trays. Egg Bites, Beebo Bites, Poached Eggs, No Peel Hard Boiled Eggs, etc etc. If you own an Instant Pot, you need this accessory. I love this Popfex brand because the trays are more sturdy and have deeper pockets.
17) Farm Rich $100 Farm Rich vouchers: I sincerely hope you've had the joy of tasting Farm Rich products from the frozen aisle. I adore the Avocado Slices and Mozzarella Sticks. My kids squeal with glee if they find Mozzarella Bites, Pizza Roll Ups, and Grilled Cheese Sticks in their lunch boxes. Perfect products for easy entertaining and quick meals.
18) Hakuna Banana 4 pints of ice cream: I nearly cried when I first saw an ad for Hakuna Banana ice cream. Ice cream made with ingredients like Bananas, Dates, and Coconut Milk. No added sugar in sight! I keep this around for healthy dinnertime dessert and for topping our favorite breakfast blueberry crisp or Instant Pot Apple Pie. My kids just think it's awesome that I'll hand them a pint of ice cream without hesitation.
19) Biena Variety Pack of Roasted Chickpeas: These crunchy chickpeas have replaced chip snacking for me! I love love love them. I even put the Sea Salt variety in my chocolate smoothie every day. My kids love their Sour Cream and Onion, Honey Roasted, and Cinnamon Crunch varieties and I like to top Thai food with the Habenero chickpeas.
20) Medlee Butter Ultimate Sampler Pack of 4 flavors and more: If you love butter, just you wait until you experience Medlee's seasoned butter. Oh my heavens it is amazing on veggies, meat, garlic bread, and stuffed under the skin of this Instant Pot Turkey Breast. My favorites are their Lemon Herb and Basil Pesto and I always have them ready to go in the freezer. Such a great idea they had with this!
21) Banza Variety Pack of Chickpea Pasta: I tried a lot of disappointing bean/lentil pasta before I found Banza. Their chickpea pasta is flavorful and the perfect texture. I keep boxes of their pasta on hand at all times and my kids love their Mac and Cheese. You can even cook this pasta in your Instant Pot, just cut down the time an extra minute.
22) Thrive Life Variety Pack of Freeze Dried Food: I'm on a kick right now of creating mason jar pressure cooker meals using Thrive Life freeze dried food. Zuppa Toscano from a jar, ready in 6 minutes? Yep, it's possible, and it's a lifesaver. I'll get more into that next year. I'm pretty psyched about it, but I want it to be just right before I show you how to do it. Stay tuned!
23) The Comfy: I first saw this on Shark Tank and honestly thought, “hmm, that's kinda ugly.” Well just put this “Comfy” on and see how much you care that you look like you're about to rob a grocery store. Where was this sweater when I was crying my eyes out over breaking up with a boyfriend in college?! Seriously, everyone needs this. Life is so much sweeter in this sweater.
24) Doterra Onguard Beadlets, 5ml Onguard Essential Oil, Bath Bombs and Hand Sanitizer made with Doterra Essential Oils: I have a dear neighbor that has shown me the potential of Doterra and I have a few products I refuse to live without. Eucalyptus does WONDERS for my kids coughs in the winter and the Deep Blue lotion has saved me from chronic, nagging neck pain. She's including her homemade bath bombs and they are AMAZING! My kids blew 2 weeks allowance on them even!
25) SodaStream Fizzi One Touch: I'm an owner of a SodaStream for 1 year now, and I LOVE IT! I don't keep soda in the house and encourage my kids to drink water when they're thirsty, but I get that sometimes you want something a little extra. This new model called the Fizzi One Touch carbonates water at the touch of the button. I especially love this model because it has 3 automatic options that give you different levels of “fizziness”. That takes all the guesswork out! My daughter especially loves this and will add a splash of lemon or apple juice to make her own “soda.” As an extra holiday bonus, you'll also receive a couple stocking stuffers: A Kiss my Lash Mirror and GoodJanes False Eyelashes. So your eyes can be mesmerizing while you drink your bubbly water 🙂
26) Living in your True Identity: Before last month, I hadn't read a book since I was stuck on a plane for 18 hours on my way to Africa 10 years ago. I bought this book thinking I'd skim the table of contents and then add it to my “I should really read this one day” stack. The first chapter resonated with me so much and it became evident to me that every woman in the world needed this book and I'm now on a mission to make that a reality. In a nutshell, this book teaches how to discover your divine potential and how to filter out the voices that make you feel anything less than an essential part of God's plan. The author Brooke Snow also has a podcast and I don't hesitate for a second in saying that it is truly life changing. Whether you think you need her wisdom or not, I challenge you to listen to just one podcast to see what she can teach you. She has a gift, this girl.
27) Bear Naked Variety Pack of Granola: My husband eats at least 3 bags of this a week and there is not a single road trip that we go on that we're not packin' some along. My favorite is the V'nilla Almond because it contains very little sugar, my husband and kid's favorite is hands down the Cacao and Cashew Butter, which is surprisingly still quite low in added sugar. Other flavors that you simply must try are Peanut Butter, Chocolate, and Cinnamon. Wholesome, whole grain awesomeness.
That should do it! 27 of my absolute favorite things in the world, all going to one of you wonderful readers!
I'm so grateful to all of you for being around here, for making and sharing my recipes, and for supporting me in so many different ways. Switching careers to become a cookbook author and food blogger was just about the scariest life change I've ever made and it has been so exciting and rewarding because of all of you! My heart is so full, I wish I could give this prize to every one of you. One day. You know, when Oprah and I become besties.
Good luck to all of you! You have until midnight on December 17th to enter the giveaway.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS GOES TO LAUREL!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Her comment below regarding her favorite Christmas tradition was:
“The Christmas Eve candlelight feast. Fancy table china with Ham, twice baked potatoes, huge salad bar, fresh rolls. We all crack English crackers together and wear the paper crowns inside. Following after we read the nativity and sing Christmas hymns. I Love it. Better than Christmas Day. My mom wants to change it this year, to Cornish hens. Eek. My habitual, tradition loving heart is having a hard time coping.”
Good luck with those Cornish Hens, I've never had the dish my entire life so let me know if it's something I need to try!
Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for being here and making cooking and talking about food so much fun. I wish you all an absolutely wonderful holiday with your dearest friends and family.