Instant Pot Applesauce – No Peel!
Instant Pot Applesauce made in minutes in the pressure cooker. Peeling is totally optional!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 10 large apples – about 3 pounds (I like a combination of Honey Crisp, Golden Delicious, and Pink lady, but anything except Granny Smith will work)
- ¼ cup apple cider or apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, split, and seeds scraped from pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional for a sweeter applesauce: 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup maple syrup, or 7 pitted dates
- Peel the apples – Note: skip this step if you are going to blend the finished apple sauce until smooth
- Core the apples and cut into large chunks (about 2 pieces).
- Add apples, apple juice, cinnamon, vanilla pod and seeds (or vanilla extract) to the pressure cooker pot and stir to combine. Stir in sweetener of choice, if using.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- For a thicker applesauce, use the sauté feature to simmer until desired consistency is achieved.
- Remove vanilla bean pod. Simply stir for a chunky applesauce or for a very smooth sauce, blend in pot with an immersion blender (or transfer to a high speed blender in batches).
- If blending in a high speed blender, do it in batches and throw a towel over the lid to prevent getting splattered with hot liquid. Start the blender on slow then slowly turn to high.
- If you don’t plan on blending the sauce with a high speed blender or immersion blender, I highly suggest peeling the apples for the best texture
- Applesauce freezes well. Separate into freezer safe containers and label. Thaw in the refrigerator.
- Homemade applesauce takes baked goods such as muffins and bread to a whole new flavor level!
Keywords: Instant Pot Applesauce, homemade applesauce, no peel applesauce