Instant Pot Blueberry Oatmeal
Creamy, custard-like oatmeal, “baked” to perfection in the Instant Pot
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk will work)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries or thawed frozen blueberries (see note if using frozen)
- Lightly spray a 1 ½ quart or larger heat safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the milk, applesauce, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and butter and mix well.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; whisk to combine.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Place dish on the trivet using a silicone or tin foil sling to make for easier removal.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure cooker knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Serve hot with a frozen whipped cream dollop, milk, sliced almonds, blueberries or banana slices.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. Add a splash of milk and reheat in the microwave.
- This oatmeal can be made up the night before, stored in the fridge, and cooked in the morning.
- Do not cook this directly in the pot. The mixture is much too thick and creamy and will result in a BURN message
- Swap blueberries out for your favorite fruit or leave them out altogether
- If using frozen blueberries, add an extra 8 minutes of cook time
- Do not substitute steel cut oats, they will not be fully cooked at 25 minutes. See this recipe for Banana Custard Oats for a similar recipe using steel cut oats
Keywords: instant pot breakfast, healthy oatmeal, blueberry oatmeal