Instant Pot Breakfast Peach Cobbler
Sweet peaches play a starring role in this Instant Pot Breakfast Peach Cobbler. A delicious, healthy version of the classic dessert.
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup part skim or whole ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4–5 cups sliced peaches (about 5 peaches depending on the size, may substitute with canned peaches)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Lightly spray a 7 inch cake pan or 1 ½ quart or larger heat safe baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Mash bananas on a plate until very smooth. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Add honey, eggs, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Add ricotta cheese; whisk until well incorporated and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to banana batter and stir just until incorporated.
- To the same bowl that had the dry ingredients in it, toss the sliced peaches and cornstarch until there are no dry bits of cornstarch.
- Dump peaches into prepared baking dish. Scrape batter on top of peaches and smooth the top.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Place dish on the trivet using a silicone or tin foil sling to make for easier removal.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure cooker knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 45 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- For cleaner serving, let sit for 10 minutes so the peaches can thicken a bit.
- Serve hot with a splash of cream in each bowl.
- Drained canned peaches make a great substitute for fresh peaches if they aren’t in season.
- If your peaches are on the tart side, drizzle them with a bit of honey.
- May substitute honey with maple syrup or agave.
- For more of a dessert feel, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each bowl.
Keywords: Instant Pot Cake, Peach Cobbler, Healthy Peach Cobbler