Instant Pot Easy Buffalo Chicken Wings
Quick and easy, healthier Buffalo Chicken Wings. Make them mild or spicy and dip them in a good for you blue cheese sauce
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 - 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
For the Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings (look for just wingettes)
- salt, pepper, garlic powder
For the Buffalo Sauce
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (like Franks Buffalo Sauce), add extra for more spicy kick
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Blue Cheese Dip
- 3/4 cups homemade yogurt or fat free greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- juice of small lemon
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- carrot, celery, and jicama sticks
- Ranch Dip
- Pat wings dry. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet inside. Place wings on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- While the wings cook, prepare Buffalo Sauce by whisking all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl.
- Prepare Blue Cheese Dip by aggressively whisking all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well to help break down some of the blue cheese crumbles into the yogurt.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a natural release.
- Toss wings in the bowl with the buffalo sauce, coating them well.
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Line a sheet pan with foil (optional for easy clean up) and place a cooling rack on top. Arrange wings on top of the rack.
- Place wings under the broiler and let cook 3-5 minutes on each side until browned and crispy.
- Serve wings hot from the oven, with a side of extra Buffalo Sauce and Blue Cheese or ranch dip. Add a handful of carrot, celery, and jicama sticks. Enjoy!
- Place frozen wings on trivet as in step 2. Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes followed by a natural release
- Proceed with remaining instructions in step 4
- Look for packages that contain only wingettes to avoid having to break down an entire chicken wing
- Don’t stop with just buffalo sauce! Serve with any of your favorite dips and sauces, the wings are very versatile
- Up to 3 pounds of chicken will work for the above directions.
- Nutrition information includes just the chicken wings. Results will vary depending on which dip is used
Keywords: instant pot recipes, buffalo wings, healthy wings