Instant Pot Creamy Ravioli Butternut Squash Soup
Creamy, cheesy Butternut Squash Soup filled with mini ravioli and smoked sausage. It will become a new family favorite!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed in palm
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 24 oz package cubed butternut squash (or peel and cube a fresh one, you’ll need about 5 cups cubed)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 16 oz cheese stuffed mini ravioli
Optional: 12 oz fully cooked sausage like Aidells (pick your favorite flavor!)
- Select sauté on the pressure cooker and add oil. When hot, add onions and garlic and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, pepper, butternut squash and chicken broth; stir.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- If using sausage, heat through per package directions. Slice into bite size pieces. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- When pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Add cream cheese and parmesan. Blend with an immersion blender right in the pot until very smooth or carefully pour into a blender and purée, until smooth.
- Press sauté or brown to bring soup to a boil. Add pasta and cook per package instructions. Typically once the pasta floats to the top, it’s done.
- Stir in sausage.
- Season to taste. Serve hot.
- Precut butternut squash is easy to find in most produce sections. If you don’t see it there, look in the freezer aisle.
- Use fully cooked sausage. I like the smoked sausage at Trader Joe’s or the Aidells brand.
- Look for MINI ravioli. The soup is a little tricky to eat if the ravioli are large.
Keywords: instant pot soup, butternut squash soup, healthy soup recipes