Instant Pot Golden Crio Bru
Slightly sweet, a bit earthy, and 100% comforting. Instant Pot Golden Crio Bru is a drink for the heart and soul!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 – 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup Crio Bru grounds
- 2 cinnamon sticks (or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 1 inch of fresh peeled fresh ginger, cut in half (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 5 – 10 black peppercorns (or a couple cracks of black pepper or more if you like extra heat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to the pressure cooker pot.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position.
- Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and pour Crio Bru through the sieve to filter out the grounds. Be careful! The Crio Bru will be very hot.
- Serve immediately with a Frozen Whipped Cream Dollop if desired.
- Store cooled leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge for up to 4 days. It tastes delicious cold or warmed back up in the microwave for 1 – 2 minutes
- A fine mesh sieve is important here so you don’t end up with a gritty beverage. I suspect a nut milk bag would also work great but the turmeric may stain it
- This can be easily doubled and stored in the fridge. Then when you want a cup, simply microwave it for about 2 minutes.
Keywords: instant pot recipe, chocolate drink, coffee alternative