Instant Pot Greek Meatballs
Tasty Instant Pot meatballs stuffed with feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes and served with a tangy pesto yogurt sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 mintues
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 20-24 meatballs
- Category: Entree
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian
For the Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I prefer the ones that are bottled in olive oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko (regular panko or bread crumbs will work as well)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh cracked pepper
For the Sundried Tomato Pesto Yogurt Sauce
- 3/4 cup yogurt (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped sundried tomatoes (blotted with a paper towel to remove excess oil)
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Optional: 1 – 2 tablespoons milk for thinning sauce if needed
- In a large bowl, gently mix all of the meatball ingredients by hand until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about a 2 teaspoon scoop), form meat into balls.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot, place a trivet inside.
- Arrange meatballs in a circular pattern on top of the trivet.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position.
- Cook at high pressure for 4 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the Sundried Tomato Pesto Sauce by whisking all of the ingredients in a small bowl. This can be done 2-3 days in advance.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Serve meatballs hot with a side of Sundried Tomato Pesto Sauce.
- This can be easily doubled or tripled if you have trivets of different heights. Stacking the meatballs directly on top of each other without the trivets will increase the cook time
- Combine meat mixture gently. Overmixing the meat will create a tough meatball
- When making the sauce, use a yogurt that you like. If the yogurt taste is overpowering, add sour cream or mayo
Keywords: instant pot meatballs, game day food, turkey meatballs