Instant Pot Green Veggie Rice
Take your plain ol’ white rice up a few notches with some nutritious green veggies. More flavor, more color, more YUM!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 cups 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
For the Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice (I like basmati)
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tablespoon butter
For the Greens
- 6 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 2 green onions coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed (or leave them in for spicy rice)
- small handful of cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Add rice, chicken broth, salt, and butter to the pressure cooker pot and stir. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 3 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, place spinach leaves, green onions, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until mixture is finely minced, almost like a paste. Could also use a blender, but you may need to scrape it down a few times.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Fluff the rice with a fork. Add green mixture and gently stir to combine. Serve immediately.
- Freeze any extra rice in resealable freezer bags. I love having it on hand for quick rice bowl dinners and fried rice.
- Double ingredients if needed. I’ve never tried tripling it.
Keywords: Vegetable side dish, easy rice, pressure cooker