Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots
Sweet, bright side dish to compliment any meal, these Instant Pot Honey Glazed Carrots are amazing!
- Author: Marci
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound bag baby carrots
- 1 ½ tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- zest of 1 small orange
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Add 1 cup of water to the pressure cooker pot and place collapsible steamer basket inside. Add the carrots.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 4 – 5 minutes (4 will be tender crisp, 5 is very soft).
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release.
- Remove steamer basket with carrots and set aside.
- Pour water out of the pot and return it to the pressure cooker.
- Add butter, honey, dijon mustard, orange zest, and kosher salt to the pot. Using the sauté function, warm the ingredients and stir, until a smooth sauce develops.
- Put carrots back into the pot and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve hot.
- Whole carrots can be substituted for baby carrots. Simply peel and chop into a size similar to baby carrots.
- The collapsible steamer basket makes steaming vegetables very quick and easy, especially when transferring. Any basket or rack will work as long as the spaces in the rack aren’t large enough for the carrots to fall through.
- If you don’t have a steamer basket, cook the carrots directly in the pot with the water for 2 minutes instead of 5.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat in the microwave or in a saute pan.
Keywords: Instant Pot side dish, honey glazed carrots, steamed carrots