Instant Pot Pumpkin Banana Oatmeal
Perfectly sweet, ultra creamy Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal to keep you powered through your day.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk will work)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped bananas, about 1 large banana
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Lightly spray a 1 ½ quart or larger heat safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. A 7 inch cake pan will also work.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla, and butter and mix well.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt; whisk to combine.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with chopped bananas and mini chocolate chips and gently fold them in. Optional: Add a small sprinkle of extra chocolate chips on top.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water to the pressure cooker pot and place trivet inside. Place dish on the trivet using a silicone or tin foil sling to make for easier removal.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure cooker knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 25 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Serve hot with a splash of cream or milk, sliced almonds, blueberries or banana slices.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. Add a splash of milk and reheat in the microwave.
- I often use my homemade pumpkin butter in place of pumpkin puree. If you try this, decrease maple syrup to ¼ cup and cinnamon to 1 ½ teaspoons.
- This oatmeal can be made up the night before, stored in the fridge, then cooked in the morning.
- Do not cook this directly in the pot. The mixture is much to thick and creamy and will result in a BURN message
- Do not substitute steel cut oats, they will not be fully cooked at 25 minutes.
Keywords: Healthy breakfast, pumpkin spice oatmeal, instant pot oatmeal