Instant Pot Easy Wassail
Feel your home with the smells of Autumn in a steamy cup of naturally sweetened, homemade wassail.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 cups
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 8 cups apple cider
- 4 cups orange juice
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 10 cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg (preferably freshly grated)
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 inch ginger, peeled
- 2 vanilla beans, split or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour apple cider and orange juice into the pressure cooker pot. Place mesh steamer basket inside. Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, nutmeg, zest and juice of lemons, ginger and vanilla beans or extract to the basket.
- Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a 10-minute natural release.
- Remove the steamer basket and discard its contents. Serve wassail hot from the pot.
- Use the slow cooker function of the pressure cooker to keep wassail hot for hours while entertaining
- Leftovers can be stored cold in the fridge for a week or frozen in mason jars for 3 months
Keywords: instant pot drink, easy recipe, seasonal drink