Naturally sweetened, quick and easy, this pressure cooker Apple Cranberry Sauce will play a star role at any holiday meal.
This post is part of an original TIDBITS recipe, first seen HERE on tidbits-cami.com.
Hey everybody! This is Marci from the food side of TIDBITS, bringing you, what I consider, an essential to every holiday feast.
In my world, the only reason turkey is a star at any holiday table is because of the cranberry sauce that accompanies it. My grandma, bless her sweet soul, was famous for dry, bland turkey, but next to a blob of her famous, jello like, cranberry sauce (I didn’t know or care at the time that it came from a can), it was one of my favorite things to eat.
I’ve since mastered the art of moist turkey making (slight exaggeration), but have now moved into the grown up world of chunky cranberry sauce. So I sought out to make a super easy, lightly sweetened version that wouldn’t splatter all over my stove top as it simmered. Pressure cooker to the rescue!
With the combination of orange juice, apple cider, maple syrup, and a honey crisp apple, this cranberry sauce is a perfect balance of tart and sweet and is heavenly on turkey.
But since there’s always leftover cranberries (because apparently I’m the only one that eats turkey and cranberry sauce with a spoon like it’s soup), this sauce is just as amazing for toast and pancakes or stirred into homemade yogurt.
It’s delicious warm just after it’s cooked, but can also be refrigerated for a week or more. It also freezes beautifully if you really want to be on top of things! Enjoy!
For more of our pressure cooker recipe favorites, check out our Master the Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook.
Printable recipe below.Print
Pressure Cooker Cranberry Apple Sauce
Made with maple syrup and the natural sweetness of a honey crisp apple, this cranberry sauce will take a starring role at any holiday table!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: About 2 cups
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 12 oz fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed
- zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1 honeycrisp apple, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Add all of the ingredients to the pressure cooker pot and stir well. Secure the lid and turn pressure release knob to a sealed position. Cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a natural release for 5 minutes and then release any remaining pressure. If liquid sprays while releasing the pressure, quickly turn the valve to the sealed position and wait 5 more minutes.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes to thicken. Sauce will thicken further as it cools. Serve warm or can also be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge. Freezes very well.
- Serving Size: 0.5 cup
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 28.7mg
- Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 47.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Protein: 0.5g
Keywords: instant pot sauce, fruit sauce, festive recipe